Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I'm a Licensed Cosmetologist.

Cosmetology School Journey ~ I'm a Licensed Cosmetologist. - 8/13/14 ~

I think I can let it sink in now. I'm a Licensed Cosmetologist.


On Saturday I went back to the testing building and took my Theory test on the computer. I'll be honest and say I thought I was getting a bunch wrong. I don't know if I did or not because they only give you a score if you fail. But I Passed. And right away was given this card. The paper license for hanging on walls by a station comes in the mail. But I have this one.

I thought my next step was already decided upon but in honesty I wasn't quite ready for it. Or maybe I just have too many questions to answer before I take that leap. But after a few days of worrying over those questions I am suddenly open again. I don't know where I'm going to be working. And for the first time in a long time I'm happy about that. I can work anywhere. I have that card. It doesn't say that I am an expert. It doesn't say that I won't make mistakes. It does not say that I am done learning. To me it means I've earned the right to continue to learn. There are classes I could not take without that card. There are stores I could not buy from without it. There are opportunities I cannot even consider without it.

I'm on this side of the hurdles. I still have so much ahead to do. But I can now. This journal is about a 14 year journey. But its not over. I intend to keep writing in here. It may not be the types of entries as before but I would like to keep this going. The school part is over but this is still a cosmetology journey. A journey to continue aboard the Positive Train ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading
I love you all <3
~ No Tangles ~

4 comments:

  1. BUBBA! I'm so sorry, I've had a crapton of stuff happen the last six months so i haven't been active.. but I was thinking just the other day 'hey, I wonder how he's doing... ' AND LOOK AT YOU NOW!

    Congratulations, love.

    Ahem.. -clears throat- so, where would I be able to get a trim by yours trully?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems I lost touch a bit with my own journal after I finished. But its been a few years and am still as of today doing what I wanted to do.

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this blog but I am so glad I did. I felt as though I was going through your journey right along with you. I'm just starting cosmetology school & there are a lot of things I am terrified of but seeing the confidence you gained is absolutely inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I hope things have turned out well for you :)

      Delete