Thursday, June 13, 2013

Resume with the Resume's

I emailed my first resume to a salon for a receptionist job.

After spending a few days in salons the past few weeks and trying to help out I was ready to just say the heck with it and pour myself into a resume. I hope they at least read the whole thing. At least now I'm going to take the chance and send them and then go open the doors if needed.

The last time I had a chance at a receptionist job was in 2001 when I was late into my 800 hours and getting desperate. I emailed Supercuts which had just started coming to this area and asked if they had any unlicensed jobs that I could do. The district manager called back and said the closest location was hiring for receptionist. I went to the interview and everything seemed great. The lady even said they'd hoped to get a guy in there. They had a high school girl and her mom doing the job. I didn't receive a call back so I called back and it was filled by someone. Don't know who but it hurt. I make no bones about it. It hurt.

But I've been training myself over the past several years and past few weeks so I have faith that I'll get a bite this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment