Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What's different this time?

So here's the story of how this second chance came about for me.

A few weeks ago a co-worker and friend came to me at work and said "You used to go to cosmetology school right?" It turns out she needed someone to come to her home sold beauty care products party to help her get started. I had some uncomfortable feelings about it because I didn't want to be some creepy guy on the couch who some strangers at the party might not know. Nor did I want them to try making me over.

But I tought about it for a few days and decided that she's my first friend from work and I want to support her. So I said yes. Then I took my third drive up the river here to see ships and stopped in a salon to get a trim of my long hair. I've always wanted to make friends in salons. But I also wanted to get over my shyness and other issues. I went in and had a decent experience. But it was over in just a few minutes. As I was driving home I was thinking about going to their Facebook page if they had one and recommending them and to say thanks.  I used to have a free salon directory years ago on my Angelfire page but it was a case of email them, ask if they want it listed, copy and paste what they write and then pretty much nothing after that. 

I looked up that salon and a few others I had seen and they had pages but not much updates. So I wanted to something to get my directory going but I also wanted to make friends in salons. I posted to my FB that I was tired of not being who I want to be. I started my new directory  https://www.facebook.com/ShareAHairSalon and I asked on their FB pages if they wanted to and I found myself having to add more county pages to keep up. Then I took a chance and friend requested some and I met a nice lady salon owner who let me come visit for a few hours to get my feet in the door. And since then I've been building the directory, meeting people in the salons, and some in schools, and I now have the people I need to contact to answer questions and get help. But I have also been purging much negativity from my life since that first day. I'm no longer afraid to be me. I'm not angry, doubtful, regretful. I have been visiting salons and getting services done that I never would have gotten nor would I have been seen wearing them. I left my job earlier than I planned but its the right move. I'm doing the things I need to do to have the confidence to get through this time regardless of money issues or other issues that popped up last time. I would love to fill this journal with a happy ending this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment