Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day 211 ~ Reforming Curls ~ 6/4/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 211 ~ Reforming Curls ~ 6/4/14

1467 Hours
119 Guests

Just a quick update. Yesterday was my 4th Regency Mock / Pretend State Board test. It consists of manikin work. First a manicure, then a facial. Then you section in 4 and do a different chemical application technique in 3 of the 4 sections. Then you demonstrate 5 perm rods and applying solution. Then we pretend to cut a round layered haircut (at the real test you cut it) and then we blow dry just the top and do three Marcel iron curls. I got my best score yet and got 99%. I don't know what I got marked down for though.

Today I had a return guest from months ago. I was requested. Back then I did just the perm rods rolling of a curl reformation aka Jheri Curl. This time I ran the whole show. First using a Thio relaxing chemical I relaxed her new growth. This was my first time ever applying a relaxer of any type on a person. Then I rinsed and section by section applied the cream like perming / waving lotion and wrapped the perm on thin pink rods. The only part I had help with was when it said on the bottle to rinse while removing rods I asked for someone to remove while I rinsed. And it turned out nice again.

33 hours left. Less than a week. Did I really type that?

Thanks for reading
I love you all <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment