Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 217 ~ Finished But Not Done ~ 6/19/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 217 ~ Finished But Not Done ~ 6/19/14

1500.06 Hours
121 Guests

Last thursday I went to school and clocked 5.34 hours. Which means I clocked out about 2:50. And thankfully I figured the math out correctly enough so that it did say 1500.06 and not before 1500.

You just never realize what impact you have on people. There were positive things that happened with my clock out that I wasn't expecting. Some I was hoping for. Students from the other group came rushing from the floor to the hallway to not miss it. I wish I could do the same for them.

On Friday I went back to do some celebrating but not for my diploma yet. I plan to go get that tomorrow morning. Then I need to get the State Board test done ASAP. This waiting around is not going to be good for me. Unless I make good use of the off time. Its like a repeat of last summer. I have this off time to do things with and try to prepare myself for the unknown. Which I am faced with again. Something came up and I won't be going to work where I thought I was. So I'm kinda in the position I already expected to be. I'm a 38 year old fresh graduate who doesn't know everything. Yet I have been so focused on building a full guest list (clientele) that now I'm in this limbo area. I need a chair. If I go to a salon and assist or shampoo people only I'm not going to be able to take care of those who came to see me. At the same time I need a place that doesn't have high prices or that lets me make my own because I just don't see myself charging high prices. And if the prices are high I won't be able to promote myself to get walk ins. I know its foolish of me to think I can call the shots but I am stubborn. I didn't come this far to settle for a paycheck. I am selfish. I have found that out about myself. But what I have realized is I am selfish about how I want to do things for other people. I believe in the way I do things. I think my ways are worth a try. And I'd rather fail trying them. Or better yet succeed. Or at least be happy trying. I keep seeing the quote about keep your passion or you're just cutting hair. That being said I know that many carrots will be dangled before me. I may even see some more silver platters. But I'm doing my best to maintain my patience.

My real issue with this is Location. I need a location that is still central for my guests to be able to come to. Those who want to follow me.

Was going to write more but for now................

No comments:

Post a Comment