Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day 216 ~ One More Day ~ 6/11/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 216 ~ One More Day ~ 6/11/14

1494 Hours of 1500
121 Guests

This one is a bit hard to write. Its the last one before the other side. This journal now has 190+ entries. Guess I had things to say.

I'm sitting here trying to put together playlists of songs that will play on my phone from Youtube. I never did learn any of the dances they were doing on Fridays or Saturdays. Reality is that there hasn't been as much dancing over the past sevral months as there was the first few. So I kinda let it go to the back burner. They just aren't my dances anyway. The music on the other hand is something I have held onto. It got me through. So anyway that's my project right now. 

Unless the computer tells me differently my practicals are now done. So I will go to school tomorrow and just participate in the classroom day until the 5+ hours passes and its time to put my finger on the computer clock out pad one last time. People ask me if I'm excited. Its hard to know really. I have this quiet calm going. Much like I had throughout this past year while waiting for a guest to arrive whether a request or a walk in. I'd like to say that I'll be excited when I do clock out. But I know me too well. My friends will see a 38 year old man cry. And I won't be ashamed. I might sing. I might clap. But I'll be happy. I'll be relieved. But its just a beginning. I don't know what the other schools would have been like. I didn't tour them. On June 27th of last year I opened a door with the name Regency on it. Upon walking in I saw this nice modern shelf with salon name brand products on it. I saw a very nice reception desk with some nice students behind it who did their job well. I heard music playing. And I sat there in the lobby just listening to what was going on in there. The salon floor area was on the other side of a regular sized wall. But the ceiling was higher up. I wondered what it would be like to be there after the 350 hour mark I was once again faced with to do services for the public. Then Mrs S greeted me and gave me my tour. And I knew. The tools were there for me. I just had to use them. I was going to learn. I was still scared of not learning. But I was going to.

I did. More than I thought I would. More than I thought I could. And I'll never stop learning......nor teaching.  No matter what my job title is I will always share what I learn. I can still feel that hunger inside of me everytime I get the chance to explain something. So lets see where the train goes from here ~~~~~~

Thank you for reading
I Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

2 comments:

  1. HI there! Just wanted to say congrats on finishing cosmetology school! I stumbled onto your blog by searching for herringbone foils, thanks for the sketch! Best wishes in your hair endeavors, and keep the passion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nikki. :)
    Yeah we had a lady from Wella come in more than once to show us some new techniques for their Trendvision show themes

    ReplyDelete