Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 209 ~ The Streak Ends At 2 Months ~ 6/2/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 209 ~ The Streak Ends At 2 Months ~ 6/2/14

1453 Hours
118 Guests

Last I wrote it was last Tuesday so its been 5 school days since. Another 35 hours done.
I mentioned the streak ending. From April 2nd to today June 2nd the only guests that I had at school were those who came as requests. I'd like to thank anyone who was a part of that. So how did it end? I originally had two people scheduled for today but my afternoon had to cancel. So after I came back from lunch today I set up a manikin to try to knock out some practicals. As I was going past the desk to the hallway I noticed that there were some ladies walking in. So I set up and as I did I saw that the instructor was trying to figure out who was available and who hadn't had anyone yet. So I spoke up and said I was available if needed. The students who were there with me will know how things really were and it was a bit of a let down with the Mom not being happy about some of the ways we do pedicures and nails. But I got to give a nice young adult lady with special needs a pedicure and she seemed to really have a good time so that's what I'm taking from today's experience with that.

I was in too good of a mood to let any of it get me down. This morning my request guest was a lady who came in December. I paid for her haircut back then because her family had just been through a house fire with total loss of property. I wanted to do something to make her feel good with all that stuff on her mind. So today she returned and her hair had grown out but she liked how it had grown out so not only was she really happy with her angled wedge bob last time but it didn't annoy her at all growing out. Last time Mrs E helped me cut the hair. This time I ran the whole show. And again my guest was delighted. I'm so glad I have her as a guest cuz she's a lot of fun. I always tell people I'm not scissor happy but the truth is I like to cut hair. It is fun. I just prefer to do it when the guest wants me to cut it and I get to try new cuts. I like cutting hair when its going to make them happy. Because whether its a few tips of hair of dust on the ground or a few piles of large curls its only fun when they want it that way. But I do love that I have had the chance to see so many satisfied faces that I got to enjoy time with.

Tomorrow is the last pretend / Mock State Board test at school. Next time I take it after tomorrow its going to be for the marbles.....

Thanks for reading
I Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment