Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 187, 188 ~ 1300 Hrs & 100 Guests~ 5/3/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 187, 188 ~ 1300 Hrs & 100 Guests~ 5/3/14

1307 Hours
100 Guests

A few personal milestones. 1300 hours out of 1500 reached. This means I no longer have to do the assignment given to the others when on the floor. I can instead choose from a list of things and do as many of those as I can get done in a day. Although the fact that I've been lucky enough to be fully booked for 3 weeks straight with a 4th already booked means I haven't been thinking about the manikins too much. From here on out filling the chair with someone who wants to be in it is the mission. And doing my mission of caring for them and about them and listening to them and what they want. It doesn't mean I can give it to them. But I will at least listen and not be mean about saying no. Nor will I try to force my own ideas upon them.
 The other milestone is the 100 guest mark. This means that 100 times someone has been to see me. Some of those 100 are repeating for the same people. I count at least 8 people with at least 1 return visit. Thank you to all of you who are included in those 100 and to those who've tried to book me so far as well.

This week has been a bit of a reality check. Things that seemed like they would be hard were not so difficult while others that should have been simpler had some snags. But that's what's going to happen when you deal with hair color. I want people to feel comfortable coming to me after using at home color but at the same time there are realities involved with that. Certain changes just can't be done in one try. Even for the experienced pros. There's a lot of guess work when it comes to it. Then there are my rookie skills when it comes to doing multiple things at once. It caused my plans to change and I ended up missing strands that I intended to color. The brush just doesn't get all of them. Yesterday when I once again did a color I made sure I went through with the brush, my fingers, and a comb. I was not taking a chance on a repeat. And it worked this time. At least it appeared to have worked when she left. But that's not to say it will work every time. You just cannot promise anything when it comes to color. You shouldn't promise anything period when it comes to hair care. The simplest shampoo can have an issue. That's why I have to pay for insurance when I get my license. But I want to learn. And there's only a few ways to learn. So thank you to those who are letting me learn with them.

Thanks for reading
I Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment