Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Day 192, 193, 194 ~ 30 Days Left ~ 5/13/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 192, 193, 194 ~ 30 Days Left ~ 5/13/14

1348 Hours
103 Guests

Thursday was Quiz day. My last quiz. I got 95 % or 19 of 20. It was the quiz on wigs and hair additions. So I made it through every quiz without failing any. If I recall correctly I only had one with 80% so the rest were 85 or higher. This leaves just my Final to take before graduation. All rubric / practical on model tests are done and passed. There's one more Mock / Practise State Board coming up in June before I clock my last hour. This will be my 4th Mock. And then there will be the real thing when I attempt to get my license. So I just have to finish my credits. And get through these next few weeks of repeating subjects.

Friday: My morning guest had to cancel so I once again volunteered to be on desk at least until Mrs D came for her roller set. In a few weeks I'll be walking her to her car for the last time. I'm very grateful that I was able to have her as a regular.

Tuesday: I started my first repeat subject today. Business Building Part 2. And as it turns out I have Mrs C for it this time as well. Last time Ashlee and I were partners and we did a large salon and spa with lots of goodies. But this time I'll be going at it alone. Main reason being that this time I have to do this for real and figure out if I can even do chair rental anywhere. Its not quite as easy as having a rent to pay and naming my own prices. I have to have insurance, make sure I pay taxes, have products for using. I know me too well. I have to be careful. I have a $20,000 loan that I have to start paying back around December. That alone is going to take about $200 per month away from me. I want so badly to take the challenge and show it who I am. I can't let money run my life. I have more important things to do. I'd rather go broke trying something I feel is a better fit than make a ton of money somewhere that's not what I meant to be it when I went back to school. Doubting myself has to go. Its been almost a year since I said I was tired of being afraid. I'm not going to start being afraid again. I'm done with fear. I think back to my quote about the only hurdles that matter are the ones you want to jump. I couldn't get over that first hurdle in Jr High. Then I did and couldn't keep enough speed to get over the second. But I got over that first one and that's what I wanted. Well this time I'm about to finally get over the first hurdle. Then I'm going for that second and so on......
 Positive Train Forward ---------->

 We had guest speakers from Regis / BoRics / Mastercuts today for doing some updo demos. First they did a few on manikins and then asked for volunteers. I gladly volunteered. This was the result. Two rope braids pined into a circle.


Thanks for reading
I Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment