Friday, May 2, 2014

Day 184, 185, 186 ~ Wiggin Out ~ 5/1/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 184, 185, 186 ~ Wiggin Out ~ 5/1/14

1293 Hours
97 Guests

Tuesday Classroom Day - Its the start of  Wigs and Hair Additions with Mrs C. We did some theory and then in the afternoon we had to make some braids and then get at least 3 cornrows in the back to sew a weft in. Well the sewing part was furthest from my mind as I had to first conquer the cornrow. I can braid. I can French braid. I can Dutch braid. I can make a samller braid of each. But I'd never been able to get a tiny one that would be a cornrow. So needless to say this was going to be a challenge. This is my last course of study in Rehearsal class before I start repeating a few I've already had. If you've been reading this journal from early on you may know that I've not always had the easiest time with learning things from Mrs C. I love her a lot and there's mutual respect and all that good stuff. But back then it was a bit difficult to learn from her because I have to be hands on more. Sometimes I just can't grasp the task until I have done it and told it was right or wrong. So combine her and this task I've struggled with and I was hoping for smooth sailing. I struggled a bit. I did a few small braids but not what I wanted. And then I went to the nape and went for it. And I made some fairly small braids. Small enough that when I asked Mrs C to come show me the sew in she commented that they might be too small for the fine hair. But she did some sewing and let me do some and I got a weft in there. So mission accomplished.



Wednesday Performance floor - I brought my friend in that I'd brought a few weeks back for a light brown color. This time she wanted red with black ends. Unfortunately we had to go with a mixed red instead of some of the more wanted choices so it didn't come out with as much pop as we'd hoped for. But it is red with black. She also let me get some tweezing and brow waxing practise in.

Today Classroom - We split into groups in the morning and each group made a cap style wig with wefts glued to it. Then in the afternoon Mrs C let those of us that wanted to try it individually give it a go so I did. Back on August 21 a salon owner came for a demo and made the same type of wig. I volunteered when she asked for someone to come help measure a weft. So I got a close up look back then. But now it was my turn to hold the glue and apply it and try not to make a mess. Well it is messy. If you're not used to squeezing that bottle its hard to get it to come out slower. But the students earlier in the day who had made wigs before showed us a trick with using the blow dryer a bit on the glue that you just squirted and then stick the weft to the cap and then blow dry it more. So I moved along fairly well with it. I got the nape up to the occipital area done before we took 2 pm break. Then I came back and gave it the side burn hair and then wound the crown around to the top. Then I rolled a cap piece but another student said to try it a little tighter and rolled one for me to glue on. So I did 99% of my own wig. Which I'm thrilled with. Another I can do that.




I'm booked for the next two days with more people I booked for color as well as Mrs D tomorrow. So I hope to be back by Saturday night on here with good results to post about.

I have some awesome news to talk about but I'm holding back for now. Instead I'm enjoying that I met two good friends on Saturday and no matter what happens I'm going to benefit from just being their friends. I hope to be able to help them too. My main intent with meeting the one friend was to learn and observe and possibly help out if something came up that I could do. And I am happy to say that I'll be back for that the next time our schedules match.

Thank you for reading
I Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment