Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Day 195 ~ This One Has Pictures ~ 5/14/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 195 ~ This One Has Pictures ~ 5/14/14

1355 Hours
103 Guests

Performance Floor Wednesday: Its been a while since I've done an entry for a single day but today was worthy. Originial plans for the day were changed but I was planning ahead to fill some time by bringing some manikins. Good thing I did. Since I'm over 1300 hours I can now decide for myself what to work on. I decided that I needed to knock out a few haircuts since I only have a handful left. I brought 5 manikins with me that were meant to be practised on. Of those I did cuts on 4 of them. So I'm going to post their befores if I have some and then what I did today.

First up was this manikin I got from a student who gave me a bunch of her manikins when she graduated. She was wearing what appeared to be a round layered cut. I decided to give her an angled bob of some sort. But I didn't want to go too high up with graduating it so I cut the guide right at the bottom of the nape hairline in back. And then I basically overdirected all the hair to that spot and kept snipping it right there including the hair from the sides. As it turns out there was a bit of a hole as we say by the left ear which can happen when cutting the round layers so that spot was already too short to reach back to my guide. But the imaginary line should continue to the front.




Next up I had Penny / Penelope that came with my Regency kit. This was the shorter haired one of the two I have and the one I did the copper front hair in workshop. I think I may have let someone borrow her for a haircut because her hair was fairly short in the back and it seemed shorter than the last time I cut her for the Rehearsal Rubric. But in any case It looked like she had a long flattened out mullet in back that was reaching at least halfway down the neck. It was like she slept on it. So I basically just trimmed her up to the nape for a more rounded line. First is a before from a while back. Then from today after.






Next up we have both of the Lori twins. First is the one that had what Virginia Farrell's book called a Bias Flair cut. I basically made a short version of the same cut but my line was using the corner of the eye to the bottom of the ear and going back to a sharp point in back. Which does not look as sharp when dry but it was like a V when wet. Again a Before and then today's afters.




And now for other Lori. Last time I cut her hair I cut the nape trying to do shear over comb and snipped a bit too much in one spot. So my intent today at first was to simply cut the nape shorter this time to blend it. But then I got a bit obseesed with trying to get the upper hair to taper more and blend into that shorter area without the mushroom look. Well I almost got it where I wanted it by the time we had to stop. But I also took it a bit higher than I meant to. So she now has a very extremely high line back there. I did not get to finish the sides so there's a bit of trimming to do there. So before and after and this will do for today. I guess it doesn't look as extreme as I thought. It does just about line up with the chin line. She basically has the opposite cut as her sister.






Thanks for reading
I Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment