Friday, March 14, 2014

Day 153 & 154 ~ Did I Learn Color? ~ 3/13/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 153 & 154 ~ Did I Learn Color? ~ 3/13/14

1071 Hours
71 Guests

Tuesday Classroom: Half of the class did their haircolor rubrics on Tuesday but I was not among them. My backup model was coming Thursday instead since my first choice couldn't come. Those of us who were not doing the color had to do a head of thermal curls before doing anything else. I did a full head of them on Reese and then played a bit with them with the time left over. I was basically splitting them into chunks and then swirling them into loops and layering them as if I were making an updo except I wasn't pinning them. The morning was theory. More of the same book theory.

Wednesday Performance Floor: I spent the day sitting here chatting with my guest on FB since snow closed the school. I was supposed to do some different colored highlights and streaks. But instead I chatted with her and several others to make additional plans for the upcoming weeks.

Thursday Classroom: Today was quiz day for Haircolor 1. But it was also my turn for the rubric test color application on a live model. The catch is that in order to have my backup model I needed to go get her. She's the same friend who I went and brought on Monday. But because of the snow the roads were icy and the 50 minute trip turned into an hour and 50 minutes. But I called and told them I would be late so no biggie. We got there just before the morning break at 10 and I didn't miss the quiz. This was the second time I was coloring her hair. The first time I lightened her new growth and applied a light violet toner that made her hair silvery. Its what she wanted. But that has since faded out leaving her blonde with brown new growth. Right now the plan is for her to have light blonde hair in October so I was trying to use something that will fade by then. But also giving her the choice of colors she chose a more regular violet color. It happens to be one that another student used on Tuesday so we didn't have to come up with a new formula. The school recently was given more of the Wella shades to use so some of the colors are easier to do now. If you're reading this thank you "K" for the formula.
Thank you to my guest "B" for helping. I got 16 out of 16 on my rubric. But more importantly I got to make some neat colors and a few curls for you.
As for the quiz, I thought I was getting a few more wrong than I did. I ended up getting one wrong and its only because I missed the word Retouch in the question and answered mid strand which is for Virgin and not Retouch since that would be the new growth / roots. So I got a 95%.

As for the title of the entry, this portion of classroom is over. I'm not supposed to be around for either portion again. So as far as learning about mixing colors and what happens with which formula I'm either going to have to try picking brains or do what's probably going to make me happy and that's learn it myself on my own. Its no different than when I wanted to practise perms or cuts. I'm not going to wait until I get into a salon to know what's going to happen. Granted its not going to be the same thing each time. But I'd at least like to know what I'm trying to do. Oh well. I knew that would happen anyway.

 Thanks for reading
Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment