Saturday, March 1, 2014

Day 145 & 146 ~ Months, Weeks, Days, & Hours ~ 2/28/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 145 & 146 ~ Months, Weeks, Days, & Hours ~ 2/28/14

1016 Hours
69 Guests

Thursday Classroom: Business Building Quiz - 95 %., 1 wrong. The one I had a 50 / 50 guess at.
We did theory for the whole day. Although most of it was stories about financial issues or previous salons etc etc. Next week we start Hair Coloring 1 with Mrs E as our teacher. Then two weeks later we have her for Hair Cutting 1.

Friday Performance Floor: I started the day without a guest so I decided to practise my figure 8 curls. When I came back from break I had a guest for a thermal. She wanted sideways curls so I didn't have to ask how to get that done. Mrs Katelynn the teacher from Part Time was in to help out since I think Mrs L was on vacation. So she helped me with the consultation and sign off. I do like her. She'd be a fun teacher to have. I took my lunch and then Mrs D was there for her roller set. I'm on either desk or dispense this coming week and the other one the week of the 24th so I offered another student the chance to take care of Mrs D those weeks. While I was entering in Mrs D's appointments for March I noticed that the time Regency blocks off for a shampoo set is 1 hour & 45 minutes or in this case 1:30 - 3:15. This makes two weeks in a row that I met that time. It might have gone over but only because of the checking out time. Until she pays the clock is still running on the computer. But as far as when I was finished at my station with her I was done on time. Eh whatever. It makes me feel good but its still not what I'm striving for. All it really means is less time with her. Time which is running out. There's only 14 weeks left unless I'm behind in MPAs when June comes. 484 hours divided by 7 hours is 69.4 days. Divide that by 5 days per week and its 13.88. Or 70 divided by 5 is 14. Take away 2 fridays from this month and possibly the one from the last week and that leaves 10 or 11 more Mrs D visits. That sounds like a lot but they're gonna run out. Plus I need to let some others have a chance with her before I leave so they can take over. Not that I really need to show anyone. Its really not as difficult as it sounds. Not with Mrs D anyway.

There's a lot of counting down that's going on with this. But I'm trying not to get too focused on that. Its going to be hard. I want to do things and celebrate and get excited. But the reality is I need to stay focused on what's going to be happening after that. There's Graduation, the State Board tests, and then what? My future is up to me. make no mistake about that. But I need to start thinking about exactly where I'm trying to go. I need to find a salon that I fit in at. After this long and this much thinking that I've been doing I hope I know what I want and will see it when I find it. I need to be willing to walk away without hesitation from any place that's not the right one. I don't have years or months to find out. I need to possibly cut back on the vendor shows and such and try to start getting into the salons now. Its time to stop all the wondering if I'm good enough or worthy. Its gonna have to be the other way around. Who wants this positive person who just wants to take care of his guests the right way and not complain about things? I know who I am. I'm humbly grateful to have the chance to be him. And I'm gonna. I know there's a place out there with other people like that. I plan to find it. In the meantime the positive train is still moving forward........

Thanks for reading
Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment