Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day 144 ~ 1000 Hours ~ 2/26/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 144 ~ 1000 Hours ~ 2/26/14

1002 Hours
67 Guests

Did I really type that? I guess I have over 10 hundred hours. That leaves 498 hours. Just over 14 weeks left. Counting the weeks on the calendar puts me at about June 8th. I think Memorial Day is the only weekday holiday left in that time. But if I counted right I'm supposed to be off that Monday anyway so I wouldn't miss a day. So that's the week if I'm not behind in my work.

Wednesday Performance Floor:
I didn't have a guest today. I spent the day working on and finishing up my Mardi Gras project.
Today I had my extension beading tool with me and that made all the difference. First I took the dogs off the style. Then I put the left sideburn that was braided with the beaded necklaces onto the front hairline and used the tool to pull 4 strands of hair from the bangs through it to hold it in place. This left those hairs hanging behind it going towards the crown. I then took some heart shaped beads and fed them onto those strands but I was putting them so that the bottoms of the hearts for each color touched each other for a butterfly shape. But I ran out of the yellow hearts before I could finish so I then made just two strands out of the four strands. Then rather than leaving them hanging towards the back I brought them together with a bead and pointed the tip of the combined strand back towards the face and fed that back through the necklace and then back again toward the back. This formed the butterfly strands into a heart like shape. Then I needed to do something with the two pipe cleaners from the bag Mrs C gave us. I took a purple pipe cleaner of my own and twisted it with the green and yellow one and formed a loop with it. I then twisted the leftover strand from the butterfly beads into it to hold the loop and now it formed a club or shamrock shape. I then took my feathers and poked them into the beads on top. The other day a classmate suggested I do a waterfall braid. I've never tried one. But I decided to take the right side sideburn that I had braided with the string and use that as part of a waterfall braid going from right to back to left.. And it came out decent for me anyway. Then I had 2 each of the three colors of bobby pins with spiral curled strings hanging from them that I bought at Claire's months back. I poked them through along the top side of the waterfall spaced out around it. Then because the crown area was a bit messy looking and kinda wide open I decided to go ahead and put some of my clip in flowers to finish it off. I saw styles that had flowers on them when I Googled Mardi Gras hair. I was going to try some makeup or a face paint but I couldn't get anything to work for the lips. I tried lipstick, eye liner, marker, acrylic paint. Either it didn't do anything or didn't show as purple like I wanted or the paint was too watery. So I just wiped it off. I kinda like her better without a mask. And then it was time to give her to Mrs C to put in lockup to keep her safe for the Saturday vote.

If you're on the blog page you can see these 3 pictures.



Thank you for reading
Love you all <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment