Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 170 ~ Coloring Head To Toe ~ 4/5/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 170 ~ Coloring Head To Toe ~ 4/5/14

1182 Hours
81 Guests

Saturday Performance Floor:
As of yesterday my day was to be me blocked out on the computer from 11 am till about 3 for my model to come and see what we could come up with for salon fair. I wasn't expecting to get a guest because of that but as we were celebrating the part time students this morning I was handed a ticket. But not just any ticket for something quick. A hair color. I had 1.5 hours. 40 minutes of that alone is processing. Plus the rinsing. But when I asked about it to Mrs C we realized that no one else was available to either take it or trade with so I said we'll just have to get started and see how far I get by the time my model arrived and possibly have someone take over. I'm at the point where I don't want to not do the service for someone. That's so 14 years ago. So Mrs C helped get me started and showed me a few shortcuts to get through it faster. And other than having to wait for the water to warm up at the sink I was right on time to at least get the color done. But I knew this guest was also going to want a thermal and not just the blow dry on the ticket. I was not able to check my phone to see if my model / friend was sending me messages or not nor was I able to tell her my situation. All I could do was keep going with my guest. And I completed the service. I had been checking at times to see if my friend was in the lobby but she wasn't yet. But as I was checking my guest out I saw that she had arrived. So that meant that the day was going to be positive. As it turned out she had left me some messages saying she'd be a little late and she had only been waiting a little bit in the lobby. We sat and talked about possible plans. And she asked if we could do a pedicure and perhaps talk more while we do that. Sounded good to me. Especially since I was originally going to be doing pedicures today for my other friend.

As far as Salon Fair goes, I'm participating. I have a model. I'm gonna just wing it. I'm not competing. I'm not trying to impress anyone. I need to remind myself that I didn't go to school to put on a show. I just want to do something nice for my model and hopefully do something that makes her feel beautiful when she walks down the catwalk carpet. I guess its more important to me that she feels like a Queen than to be check marked into the role. If I have to I'll go find an old wooden clothes pin and go old school Robert on them all.

Thanks for reading
I Love you all <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment