Friday, April 18, 2014

Day 177 ~ Makeover Over Again ~ 4/18/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 177 ~ Makeover Over Again ~ 4/18/14

1231 Hours
88 Guests

Performance Floor Friday:
Today was a day of returning guests.  We started the day off with a few celebrations and it was rainy out. But I told everyone that the sun would be out in the afternoon when Mrs D arrived and sure enough it came out. It has been out about 95% of the time when she has come even if just a peek from behind clouds. She's coming for her third haircut with me next week but I told her not to bother with coming earlier because I've been getting her out early enough now that I have enough time to get it done with the roller set. I returned from walking her to the car at 3:20 so that leaves me plenty of time to get the cut done. A cut I've done before on her and have more confidence to do now.

But first up this morning was the return of my coworker's mother. She came in January for a bit of a major cut. She was mid back at the time and I gave her a cut like the local news anchor had, Monica Gayle
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/18427200/monica-gayle
So this was a bit of a first for me. A returning trim of a major cut. I'm happy to say that it was a nice visit and I was able to figure out what I did last time and what to do this time to give it a nice tidy up. Without any help.
I'm up to 4 guests this week that are requests. Tomorrow I have another 4 possible. I've already got at least 2 booked for next week with 1 wanting to book and 2 trying to check their availability. So we'll see if this works out.
In the meantime I'm plotting my next strategies for how to promote myself a bit more on FB and get some new people. I've been thinking and one of the qualities I'd like to find in the salon I go to work for is one that is open to using social networking or will at least allow me to continue on this path I have put myself on with trying to hand out cards or flyers or something. I've come too far to just have a bunch of walk ins handed to me all the time. Its just something I need to keep challenging myself with.

Thank you for reading
I Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment