Thursday, April 17, 2014

Day 174 & 175 ~ Perfection ~ 4/16/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 174 & 175 ~ Perfection ~ 4/16/14

1217 Hours
86 Guests

 Ok that's as in the game Perfection. I feel like I'm playing the game where you have to put the shaped pegs into the game board before the timer goes and springs the board up throwing the pegs. I don't think I've actually played that game before. But now I'm playing it in a different way with booking guests. I do enjoy it. It has its moments of the board jumping and throwing pieces on me but I just have to try again.

Today was an example of some unexpected pieces being placed into the board. One of my guests that came for the haircutting rubric had me book her husband and brother for haircuts. Starting at 10 and they wanted to be gone by 12. Now if you're already a stylist in a salon this probably seems like enough time for 10 haircuts. But in my case this seemed like biting off more than I could chew. And I was doing it anyway. Because I am not who I was. Mrs E has been complimenting me lately on how fast I'm getting done. The key is the fear. I'm not letting fear of time matter. Its fun now. I did a clipper cut that I'd never done before with 1 on the back and a 4 on top. I then did a square male cut for the first time on a person who happened to be a male. It looked to me like it was the right choice to use for trimming what he already had. I guess I can step on the gas a bit now. I've got my hands on the wheel. I finished both cuts by 11:30.

Today's assignments were a virgin color application and a relaxer retouch application. I was able to get both of them done in the afternoon after my lunch.

Yesterday we started on Nails and Anatomy part 2 and we took the Laws exam and Professional Developement quiz. I don't know my score but I passed them both.

Thanks for reading
I Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment