Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 171, 172, 173 ~ Salon Fair ~ 4/11/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 171, 172, 173 ~ Salon Fair ~ 4/11/14

1203 Hours - 297 left - 8 weeks 3 days
84 Guests

Its been an interesting week. Salon Fair was on Wednesday. As Monday morning approached it was apparent to me that I was not prepared for it. My original plans were changed so I had to go into costume making mode. I only had Sunday off and I had plans for it. Plans that got changed and I found myself sitting in Port Huron along the river doing some thinking instead. I called in on Monday and took the day off. I then proceded to go about town creating. Or at least searching. I went to the thrift stores first hoping to capture some of the magic that came about with finding the pie at Salvation Army in September. I found one item at that same store. But after that I had a hard time finding themed items. At the end of the long day I came home with a few items and enough to make it work. But my friend and model said she could do some shopping with me on Tuesday so I called in again. So that makes 3 days I have missed so far. But it was worth it. We worked together and I feel we came up with something unique and I don't think I'll ever see it again. So here is "The Queen Of Wishful Thinking" with a cape of Stars held together by Stars, and butterflies and flowers and ladybug stickers. And a fountain with coins on her head. I glued a plastic blue cup to a head band and then used clear hair gel as water. For her hair I did the spiral marcel curls that I did on a manikin and then again on her a few weeks ago.



I did not win any prizes. But I don't mind at all. Everything I wanted to do is in that picture. I finished the hairstyle I was trying to do in the amount of time given. I did a theme that no one else did. But most importantly I somehow found a model. More importantly I made a friend. Oddly enough we had met before. It turns out she had shopped at Kroger when I was in the meat department. It was just a few less than a minute interactions. But when she mentioned that she had been there I remembered them. As I type this I know she's facing something scary and I wish her the best.

Thursday we had a chance to work on some practicals and such in class. I got another credit for a pedicure and one for more spiral marcel curls on the manikin.

Friday morning I had one of the regulars that was new to me. She was in for a hair color retouch. She was a nice lady and I'm hoping to see her again before I graduate. And then in the afternoon I once again had the pleasure of Mrs D's company for her roller set.

There are some things I'd really like to write that are on my mind. But I'm having trouble with saying them. I'll see if I get my thoughts collected by the time I write next.

Thank you for reading
I Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment