Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 118 & 119 ~ Nice Cup Of Tea ~ 1/15/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 118 & 119 ~ Nice Cup Of Tea ~ 1/15/14

827 Hours
51 Guests

Tuesday Classroom Day:
We did theory on Anatomy for the morning and then in the afternoon I finally got to try using acrylic monomers and polymers to form a surface on top of a glued on artificial tip. Glued onto what? Well that's a silly question, of course it was glued onto a rubber glove filled with corn meal. You can't just go around gluing these things to something like a small plate of hardened keratin. So here's the good news. For my manicuring credits I need to do at least 50 tips to graduate. I also needed to have at least 20 tips to get my 750 hour 50% milestone. I did 27 tips so I met that minimum. So now its a matter of waiting to see if I get some more tomorrow or the next time we have nails. By no means am I ready to be doing acrylic nails on anyone at this point. This was just the bare minimum of application. I didn't get to budd the acrylic because we didn't have the product to make it dry nor the fancy lights. But I got that personal milestone out of the way. I dipped a brush into the liquid then into the powder and then painted it onto a tip for the first time.
If you're on my journal page here's the picture of the 3 gloves with 27 tips

Wednesday Performance Floor:
I had a shampoo & thermal guest today. Instead of washing and straightening she wanted a bit of curl and basically said to do whatever I wanted. I started out making S shaped curls with my flat iron but after I got up to above the ears I decided that my marcel iron would do a nicer job so I switched. I asked if she wanted a drink and she said tea. We were out of the regular tea bags but Mrs Sherri found a larger bag for making ice tea. So my guest and I had some fun with getting it just right. It took me a while to do the curls. But I had some really nice communication with my guest. She understood me and she didn't mind that I wanted to be careful and take care of her and let her relax. And I got to do the whole head myself and she was happy. I was the first one to use a curling iron on her. I told her we would start a trend.  We had fun. She wasn't figety or hurried. She really did just relax. So I got to learn. I got to teach myself. So she left with her crown of curls. She let me care.

Thanks for reading
Love you all
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment