Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 127 ~ Orange You Glad I didn't Use More Yellow? ~ 1/31/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 127 ~ Orange You Glad I didn't Use More Yellow? ~ 1/31/14

883 Hours
57 Guests

Performance Floor Friday:
The student council decided to have a "Don't be a Dum Dum" promotion. If you get perfect attendance for a week you get a Dum Dum sucker. Mine was butterscotch today. I picked it without looking. Also added 2 butterflies to the collection.

I didn't have a morning guest right away and there was no assignment posted, I assume because of the days off and because its Friday they wouldn't bother with it. In any case I need hairstyling credits. I spent the first bit of time trying to wash off my capes. I've got four of them that smell like perm solution. Good thing I had a brand new purple one to open just in case I had 2 guests. After that I started a roller set using yellow rollers. Because I didn't have a guest my break was at 10:30 and my lunch at 11:30. during lunch Mrs J told me that Mrs D was coming earlier to also get color. So I didn't get to finish the roller set. I got to just past the ears. As usual I was doing my own design.

Mrs D arrived and thats when she said that she usually doesn't come to us for color. She said she'd had it done at the nursing home a few times when she was there. And thats why when Mrs J came over there was only one technical history note for color from a while back. So I felt kinda priveledged to have gotten the chance. She told Mrs J that she wanted a bit more yellow to the color. Her hair was about half new growth and half older color. So as per Mrs V's instructions I applied to the new growth first and then waited 15-20 minutes then pulled it through with the brush and the rest of the leftover tint and then waited again. It came out well. Mrs D asked Mrs J if since she had the perm it would work if she tried the orange or yellow rollers. So I did the front with orange and the rest with yellow. I find this funny because I purposely tried to use a color of roller on the manikin that wasn't the blue ones. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go over to it and remove them if I ran out. But I didn't have to. And the results came out satisfactory for her. However things should be interesting next week since she wants a haircut. It will be time for me to make up for the botch job I did the first time. I'll have come full circle. Today also marked something important. She has now come to me for roller sets, a perm, a cut, and now color. I don't foresee a relaxer anytime soon though. Its rotation time again next week. That means Mrs C or Mrs E or Mrs L will be on the floor when I do that cut. Should be interesting. I have Mrs J in class. That should be super sparkly. The test that had me obsessed is almost upon me. Perms.

Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it.
Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment