Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 121 ~ Knocked My Socks Off ~ 1/17/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 121 ~ Knocked My Socks Off ~ 1/17/14

841 Hours
53 Guests

Performance Floor Friday:
After the celebrations I started with a 9:30 Shampoo & Thermal. Except she came with her hair wet from already shampooing it. Then while doing the product consult Mrs V asked if she already had a product in it and she said she did so All I had to do was blow dry her and then get to work. She wanted straight but with some curl. So I was going along trying to do that with my flat iron. Got about halfway up the head and she said she needed to leave in a half hour to pick someone up. So I said ok I'll get you done. So I went for it. I started using a bit thicker sections. I was able to get away with it a bit because her hair wasn't quite as tightly curly and the curls seemed to be holding. So I got her done and she really liked the volume I gave her on top. She left really happy.

I took a walk and got lunch. It was decent enough out.
When I got back my color and thermal guest from the day my Mom was in was there with another student and she had brought me the tip she meant to give me.
I still had at least an hour to go before 1:30 so I decided to try getting the roller set assignment done. I figured I could get it done and get it under the dryer and then comb it out after I was done with Mrs D.
I used the large red rollers on Reese and I sliced out my sections. I did them almost the basic way except I purposely did it a little askew. I got it done and under the dryer with plenty of time left before Mrs D came. She came and I did her set. I have to say I think I finally figured out how to do her braicklay in the back better as far as where to start the row. The perm did help a lot too. I was able to roll using just water today and no gel. Just the whipped cream mousse.

At the end of the day after I combed out my roller set on Reese, Mrs L called us all to the middle and was asking if anyone had any add on services or sold retail or anything special. I hadn't done any of that today. But when she got around to asking me I said I gave my guest curls she hadn't had before and then she said I also got my thermal done really fast so I got to pick a prize from the box. I chose these socks. They did say adult on them. ;)

Thank you for reading
Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment