Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 128 ~ 3.5 x 9 = 29? ~ 2/4/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 128 ~ 3.5 x 9 = 29? ~ 2/4/14

890 Hours

Classroom Day: Start of Perms / Permanent Waves
For the third time I have Mrs J in classroom and its the second time in Rehearsal. I had her for the perm portion of workshop. She's also been on the floor for most of the perms I've done so far.
I just want to say that the instructors we have are a big part of why I don't mind perms so much. Even when I was short on time they've helped get me through without taking the learning out of it. But there's a little bit of special memories with the perm class from workshop that just make it Super Sparkly to have her again.

We did a little bit of theory for the morning session with splitting into groups and describing some things.
We also had some discussion about the upcoming Salon Fair in April. Then after lunch we set up for some timing of perms but it wasn't quite as high pressure as I thought it would be because for starters we have Mrs J. So I set up Deborah who has had more perm rods on her head than most manikins in history, I'm guessing. The game was to have the manikin section in 9 sections for the basic perm. Then Mrs J set her timer for 3.5 minutes. We had to finish any one section in that time. If we finished we could then do the next section. Otherwise we had to remove the rods and redo that section until we beat the clock. I missed the first section by about 3 seconds thanks to some distractions. I then proceded to beat the clock 8 times. But it was break time so I didn't get to do that last section. However I was not necessarily doing the best perm. I was not combing the hair out and I'm sure there were fishooks and such. Plus I was using the larger Orchid rods not the white or grey. After break no one wanted to do more perms so we had the option of working on MPAs or doing book work. I took the orchid rods out. Sectioned Deb back into 9. Set the timer for 45 minutes which is Rubric max time for the white rods. And using the orchid rods went to work. Mrs J said before break that we should be able to do a perm in 30 minutes. I put my comb down at 29. This time doing the perm the right way.
3.5 x 9 = 31.5
So that's 2 more perm credits out of the 80.
I'm sure there are people who can knock this perm out in half the time. But I'm going for personal bests. Now I have a new orchid best to beat. And I know I can. I will. I want it.

Thanks for reading
Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment