Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 138. 139, 140 ~ Buisiness Building ~ 2/20/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 138. 139, 140 ~ Buisiness Building ~ 2/20/14

974 Hours
65 Guests

 Tuesday Classroom: We started Business Building 1 this week. I had BB2 when I started Rehearsal. That one was about the salon and owning one. This portion is more about building yourself as a stylist. We talked mostly about goal setting and then we split into small groups to do a goal plan for whatever dreamboard we came up with. We looked through magazines or drew etc and we just had to plan out the measurments and such of the goal. My partner and I did expanding our salon within a year. Basically the business next to our salon is now empty and we can expand into it. So we planned that out. There was a magazine picture of what was probably a florist called Blossom's so we used that for the exterior.
In the afternoon Mrs J. started to go over Mock State Board prep. I take it again on Tuesday, my third time.
This is where we practise doing the real State Board test that we would have to do for getting our license after we graduate. Just the hands on portion.

Wednesday Performance Floor: Our assignment was any haircut we wanted to do on a manikin. I had a requested guest coming in at 11 so I busted out a 90% round layers on a manikin I got from eBay. It was a Debra manikin but it has pink hair dye splattered into about a third of it. This is one that a classmate had borrowed and had trouble combing through it. And I did too when it was wet. But that's why I brought her. I knew from overhearing the day before that we had to do a haircut so I brought some sacrificial manikins.

My guest was a new friend that I just met. She came for a facial and we had a ball with that. I love doing facials. This was nice to be able to talk to my guest too. Right now there's a return visit planned for a pedi. Looking forward to that.

Thursday / Today Classroom: More of Tuesday. We split into groups again and we each picked 3 of our retail products and then had to describe the features and benefits as though we were telling them to a guest. Then we started to talk about credit cards and such but got a bit sidetracked. After lunch we discussed the Mock Board some more and Mrs Sherri and Mrs J both did some demos of some of the tasks.

Thanks for reading
Love you all <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment