Saturday, February 22, 2014

Day 141 ~ Challenge Accepted ~ 2/21/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 141 ~ Challenge Accepted ~ 2/21/14

981 Hours
67 Guests

Friday Performance Floor:
We began the day with celebrating the graduation of a friend. The student who came up with the purple color for my guest that I later also used on me graduated. She also gave me a ride home when my car was being fixed. She also offered me some encouragement to not stand by myself when I was outside at break and lunch doing my own thing away from the others.

I didn't have a morning guest to start with so I was going to grab a manikin. But before I did Mrs E asked me if I had a guest and then had me help another student with their elderly guest at the shampoo bowl with adjusting the chair and such. After that I saitized a bunch of my items. I was informed by the desk student that I had an 11:00 guest for a thermal. This meant I would have to get it done before Mrs D arrived at 1:30. Which I figured I could as long as it didn't turn out to be a thermal style I wasn't expecting such as something on long hair. She arrived and I went to work. She wanted curls with the flat iron. I had Mrs E help me make sure I was doing the right technique before I got halfway into it the wrong way. Things were going well and we were having a good time Then one of the regular friday guests that I had as a guest the day my Mom was a guest arrived. She knew my guest and so they were talking to each other while I worked. And things were all happy until I was just about done and that other guest started looking at my guest to see what I needed to fix. I forget if she was a stylist a while back or just knows how to do hair or what it is but she's the one who called me a profectionist so I guess she's expecting me to be perfect already. She's not being nasty about it but anyway I kept my cool. All I kept doing was just going and getting Mrs E to come keep me on track. So as I was fixing the last few odd ends that were being pointed out Mrs D arrived. This had me thinking I was running over with my guest so when the guest herself started picking about a few of the same ends over and over I had Mrs E step in some more. Because I'm not letting my positive go away. I have the help to use right now and I'm going to use it. She paid and left and I told Mrs D I'd be a minute while I cleaned up. That's when I checked the time and it was just then turning 1:30 so Mrs D had just arrived a bit early.

I shampooed her and then while she was back at the station and I was coming to get the Sebastian - Whipped Creme mousse Mrs E was telling me that I'm getting faster. I was telling her about how Mrs C says step on the gas but I need to steer the car first. Well I'm starting to steer now. She says something about "Lets see how fast you can get her up under the dryer." Its usually after 3 when I get her under it. Today my watch said 2:30. The yellow rollers make it a bit faster but at the same time I roller her hair using just the mousse today with only a few squirts of water at the nape to finish. Even with cutting her hair shorter than it was after the perm its still easier to handle. I've got my technique down with using the roller to grab the hair. Its kinda funny considering its a smooth plastic surface to say grab. But that's the best way to say it. Its kinda like I take the roller and punch the hair in the gut with it and then work upward to then start rolling down. The hair just bends over it on its own now. While I was on lunch while she was drying I posted "This is really starting to be fun. Comb twirlin, feet movin. I love this - feeling accomplished"

Tomorrow looks to be fun as well......

Thanks for reading
Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment