Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 132 ~ A Good Day ~ 2/8/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 132 ~ A Good Day ~ 2/8/14

918 Hours
60 Guests

Performance Floor Saturday:
I started the day with the knowledge that at 9:30 I had a thermal scheduled that also included a conditioning treatment. My guest was a young lady, possibly a teen. This was the first time she had been to our school. With Mrs E's help we chose a conditioner mixture to use. Here's were the fun comes in. First I had to wait for a shampoo bowl to open so my guest and I were both waiting. Then when one did open up it was the one that was recently "fixed" but the knob doesn't turn the right way so you can't adjust the water. So after playing with that for a few minutes another bowl opened up and I had my guest switch over to it. Then we were out of caps so I had to use one of the bags instead. Then I got her into the dryer chair and when I went to adjust the hight of the hood the arm part slipped out of the  back. Which I am aware of it doing and knew how to put it back. Then as I went to put the hood down the ring that holds the inner hood in place came loose. So I told her to switch chairs so I could get her going and then fix that since I knew how. It has a hook and spring gizmo on it similar to a tool box. Then of course there's the usual dropping clips and dropping my brush. But I was in a good mood. I am feeling it. I was in control. And I did the blow drying and flat ironing with confidence. And when I was about halfway through Mrs E walked by and said "That looks good Rob" and that helped a bunch because then the guest hears that too. When I finished my guest was happy with her straightening. I thanked her for putting up with my clumsiness or something like that. Then the adult she was with was paying and said they would be back in two weeks so I said I'm there that saturday. And I was rebooked. And after a nice tip they left.

Then I had a nice lunch

And then at 1:00 I had the pleasure of having an older guest for a thermal. Only she wanted curls instead of straight. I had a little bit of a slow start. I had my tiny flat iron at first and was giving the nape area some curl. But I wasn't sure if she wanted horizontal curl of more like hanging spiral type. I ask her if they use a flat iron or the marcel usually and she said they used the marcel. So I tried using it on a longer strand and because it wasn't hot enough yet it wasn't making the curls I wanted so I asked Mrs E to help get me on track. Which was basically to take my bigger flat iron and do the same curls I was starting to do with my small flat iron on the shorter nape hairs. So it turns out I was doing it right. I don't know if she'll rebook me because she doesn't have a set period for it but I gave her my card. But I got the job done and I had a good day. Good drive home. And now to start another good week. Already some nice things that may happen.

Thanks for reading
Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment