Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 136 ~ The Day Came ~ 2/13/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 136 ~ The Day Came ~ 2/13/14

946 Hours
62 Guests

Classroom Day:
Perms - Quiz and Rubric Day.
Quiz - 100%
Rubric - Passed.

At the beginning of September when I looked at my Rehearsal book at the time requirement for the perm rubric it said 45 minutes. At the time my basic perm wrap took me an hour and a half. So I became a perming machine and since then I have done about 20 basic perm wraps on my Deborah manikin. All of that was in preparation for today. The day I was going to kick that timer's butt. It sure is funny how things work out though. I am glad that I did a recent timing with the white rods to let me know that I can beat that 45 minutes. But today the rubric came and instead of being a test it was just a pleasant day of meeting someone in person for the first time. It was having the priveledge of her trusting me to chemically change her hair. It was not a basic wrap.. Instead of doing the basic wrap that I did 20 times, I did a spiral perm and this would be about my 4th try. This time with the chemicals. And I got results and she's happy. I focused so much on speed before and all that practise helps for sure. But there's the bigger test I was trying to pass and that was getting a model. When I met my guest last month online it wasn't with any intent on having them be a model. But they went from an unknown person to friend today. Its funny because Mrs J was asking if I knew anything about her hair and I knew a little bit but this was going to be just as random as a walk in. The only difference being that I had already discussed rod sizes a bit. As it turns out we used the orchid / purple rods I already had. The same ones I went and bought to finish the first spiral I did with Mrs J's workshop class in August / September. So anyway that was the end of the perming chapter. Up next is Business Building 1 and another Mock State Board test. My third one. This time with Mrs J. Should be fun.

Thanks for reading
Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment