Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 131 ~ Rod & Roll ~ 2/7/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 131 ~ Rod & Roll ~ 2/7/14

911 Hours
58 Guests

Performance Floor Friday:
Ah a Mystery Flavor, Dum Dum......Its blue, hmm I think its cotton candy. Got another butterfly. Only had 2 days of school last week but I was there for 100% attendance.
Started the day in a good mood. Felt a bit refreshed since hitting that 900 mark and doing these timings the past few days. The temperatures were below zero today but the school was open. I was originally scheduled to be part of doing the kids party that was coming in today but that was because I only had Mrs D scheduled for the fridays in janurary and not February yet. I fixed it last week though.
Because of the cold we did not have a bunch of walk ins waiting this morning. So I took Suzi out of my locker who had the yellow rollers, roller set started from last week. But because Mrs D wants to use the yellow rollers now I decided to restart the roller set using the larger beige rollers. So I went to work on it and I finished it before 11. Mrs C told me I would have 12 oclock lunch since Mrs D was coming at 1. Since there were about 20 kids coming in at the same time for two seperate parties she was trying to manage the time. So because I had an hour I went and got Deborah from the car and my orchid rods. I then set up for a timed wrap. I set the timer for 35 minutes and got started. About halfway through Mrs C came over and told me I had a walk in for a thermal. But I had to remind her that I had Mrs D coming in at 1. Reason being that by law I have to take a lunch. I didn't say that but just telling her that Mrs D was coming in was enough to get that point across. So she gave it to someone else. However the distraction was enough to cause me to finish just after the 35 minute buzzer went. But I finished. Mrs C said that I'm probably faster than her. Or something to that effect. I took my lunch. Then I took the rollers out of Suzi and got ready for Mrs D. I didn't comb out the style though. Mrs C liked how it came out as it was though. I had a nice pattern going though. I guess the way I could describe it is kinda like a herringbone pattern. I had rows going downward towards each side with the part line kinda staggered. I was having fun by this time with Mrs C. The other day when I did the timed perm on the floor I told her my 31 minute time and that made her happy. I think I'm starting to show her some of my gas stepping.
And then Mrs D came. She was coming in at 1 instead of 1:30 to give me time for a haircut too. So this was going to be redemption time or another botch. I got her shampooed and then asked Mrs C if she wanted to start the guide or have me procede. She let go of my leash. One to have me step on the gas. Two because the party kids were about to come flooding in. And I gave Mrs D the round layer cut, my way. Mrs C checked it and didn't cut a thing. Except that she showed me something she does when she finishes by combing just a few of the face area pieces to check for tiny stringy pieces. But it was what it was supposed to be. A nice little teaching tip and nothing to correct. She did not cut any corners off or anything. And I did step on the gas. I don't know how long the cut took me because I wasn't looking at my watch. But she arrived around 1:20 and I still had her under the dryer with rollers in at the usual time. This was with once again rolling her shorter hair. I definitely have figured out how to get the hair on the roller easier. I used to put the roller near the ends first but now I put it a bit further down and with the hair bent over it I pull up or out to get it to curl and smooth onto the roller on its own. Mrs D's perm helps a bunch. I barely have to do anything with her hair. I haven't even been using gel for the past several weeks, even before the perm.

I have a thermal scheduled for first thing tomorrow. So that should give me another hairstyling credit to get me closer to my milestone. Or perhaps something else will happen. Either way its Saturday and I'm putting my purple shirt on and I'm gonna pick up a comb or two or more.

I am feeling it. I am loving it. If I'd have been given that thermal today I'd have done it. I do not go to school to not want to do something. The teachers are there to get me through it and teach me. So I might as well procede. I like the smell of perms. Hairspray doesn't bother me anymore. My hands don't feel as heavy as they used to.

I am a cosmetologist. Always a student of cosmetology. I will always learn something. I will always improve. I will always get unexpected results and learn from them. I'm always going to love this. Humbly love it. As long as someone trusts me to show them that I do.

Thanks for reading
I Love you all <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment