Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 143 ~ Mock Three Times On The Ceiling If You Want Me ~ 2/25/14

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 143 ~ Mock Three Times On The Ceiling If You Want Me ~ 2/25/14

995 Hours
67 Guests

Saturday: When I arrived at school on Saturday I was expecting to do a thermal and then have my friend come for cut & color but as I entered the building Mrs C told me to clock in but we may be closing. Apparently some plumbing issue was keeping the water from going down. We did close after only an hour. My friend and I did some other things instead. I'm not sure if that hour counted towards my total or not so until I check the computer and find out otherwise I'm not counting it.

Monday: Mrs C likes the show Project Runway and decided that our assignment for the week would be Salon Project Runway - Mardi Gras Avant Garde. We can do anything we want on a manikin with a Mardi Gras theme but she also gave us a bag with 3 items that have to be used somehow. So I brought mostly my purple, green, and yellow hair toys since those are the colors I was seeing when I Googled Mardi Gras hair. I also brought all my pony beads and string and pipe cleaners that I've had since 1998. I also brought a manikin I bought on eBay named Lexi with longer hair. My 3 items from the bag were a few feathers, 2 pipe cleaners, and a green bead necklace. I had to laugh because I had 20 million pipe cleaners already. I had no idea and really still don't have any idea what I'm doing. I'm having fun with it but I feel like I have no chance at winning the contest anyway. My thinking was that I would only have Monday to actually work on it because I already had most of Wednesday booked and Mrs D on Friday at least. They will be on display this coming saturday for guests to vote on. Anyway I made slow progress and managed to do a few things. I was kicking myself a bit because I realized that I had a tool that would have helped me put my beads on the hair and I left it at home. It was the tool I got by taking the hair extension class. I think I might have done something different with it. Anyway I just now reminded myself to bring it with me. My plans for tomorrow have changed so I might get to work on it more than I thought if I don't get a guest. But for now I have a string braid on one side and on the other I have the green necklace from the bag along with a purple one Mrs C gave me for the heck of it and I braided those into the hair. Then I put the bead braid up across the forehead while I pulled the string braid around back. Then I played around with some dog shaped beads I had. I don't know if I'm using them or not but it kept me from pulling my hair out the other day so I temporarily did something with them. We'll see what happens. Maybe I'll style the hair and maybe I won't. I'm not interested in doing this someone else's way. If I knew I had the time I might challenge myself more but that time issue haunts me all the time. So I'm going to think outside the box and use what I brought. Whatever it is. I brought my boxes and I plan to take things out of them.

Today / Tuesday Classroom: My third Mock State Board.
Knowing what I know now I'd have to say things turned out pretty much how I expected but this morning had me on edge. The other day when Mrs J was reading the info to us she said that we were not required to bag up our items for the Regency mock board. So we didn't. We had the option to if we did it on our own. I ended up not really packing. If I take this again before I graduate I'm packing. Bottom line. If I'm not going to practise it the way its done for real then there's no point. Packing and unpacking these bags is so much of the task with all the sanitizing and setting up that it just makes things more difficult if you're not packed.
Because I was not packed for the manicure and able to set up faster I ended up not finishing. I did not get the top coat on. So that was a point off. I had a band too close to the scalp on the perm. And because I chose to use an uncut and thicker haired manikin for the iron curls the front one fell loose. But I ended up with 118 out of 123 points for 96% which as I read back in this journal find out is my new high score. I had 94 % with Mrs C. I have to say that if this were Mrs E or the real deal I'd not have scored so high. For starters my choice of Barbara for a manikin had me using some very sloppy looking sections. I'm proud as heck of myself for how fast I sectioned my perm but I'd have never wrapped a real perm on them without fixing them. Standing up for the manicure portion was new. I'm thinking I did a better job with the polish standing up. But my hands were shaking trying to bend down like that. All 3 of them.

If you're on the journal page here's the current Mardi Gras progress picture

Thanks for reading
Love You All <3
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment