Saturday, December 14, 2013

Day 103 ~ Snowballs Of Chance ~ 12/14/13

Cosmetology School ~ Day 103 ~ Snowballs Of Chance ~ 12/14/13

715 Hours
37 Guests

We had snow coming overnight so there was a chance that the school could have been closed today. But I did not have any messages to tell me so and it appeared that the snow was minimal. So I went. I got there and I prepared for the arrival of whomever my thermal guest was going to be. With the weather it was hit or miss as far as who was calling in and cancelling. 9:30 came and went without being handed a ticket. But it did come. At 9:50.
Turns out it was a young girl about 11 with longer hair that wanted it with curls and not straightened. For the past few weeks I've been listening to Mrs L tell people to not use the flat iron to make the curly curls because its bad for the wrist. So I went to work making spiral curls with my marcel iron. My friend from Wednesday was supposed to be coming back today for highlights at Noon but she had to cancel because of work and the snow. But I was trying to keep up with the time anyway to see if I would have gotten this done in time. I was up to the crown area and just about done when Mrs L came over to check my progress. It was then that she says it might be better to do it with the flat iron. So she started to redo some of the curls and because I'm still fighting this cold she had me sit down to rest. So I pulled the chair over to watch. Then she had another student take over. I then took lunch and breaks and when I got back she was saying that she was in touch with corporate about possibly closing early for the day because the heavier snow was coming while we were there. So we cleaned up earlier and everyone was just doing whatever. One of my friends let me try a french braid. Then I sat under the hood dryer for a while just to see if it would help my head. It felt nice.

Right now I have Monday fully booked with friend requests, and one may be booking me for Wednesday. I've got Mrs D for Friday. Plus I have my friend coming on Tuesday for the classroom foil rubric. So There are plenty of possibilities in store for the week. Gonna be something :)

Thanks for reading
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment