Monday, December 16, 2013

Day 104 ~ Go Ahead & Swing It ~ 12/16/13

Cosmetology School ~ Day 104 ~ Go Ahead & Swing It ~ 12/16/13

722 Hours
40 Guests

Performance Floor Monday:
Since I'm closing in on 750 hours this week and my 50% Milestone I needed to get some manicures or pedicures to my credits. I asked the other day if anyone wanted to come get them and one of my friends who goes to school with me who is in the other group said she would come and her sister came as well. So they were my morning manicure requests. We had some fun while I knocked things over and fumbled about. But I got the job done. Funny word. Its not a job. Its a nice thing to do for someone. I appreciate the chance to. Its very relaxing too. When its not some rubric or state board test.

Sounds like a busy day right? Nice full day with 2 guests that requested me. But as awesome as that was my guest that was coming at 1 pm was even better. My friend from FB that came for a cut and then for the dark brown color knew a lady that had some recent misfortunes. Without giving away too many details because I do try to keep somewhat of a privacy level in this journal. But I had told my friend to pass it on to this lady and her family that I would offer them some free services as a way to come in and relax and take their minds off of things at least for a little while. Last Wednesday around 4 while I was finishing up my other friends haircut this lady came in to meet me and I told her how to book me so she did for today. She booked a haircut. So I gave her a nice shampoo and Mrs E and I and my guest looked through the style books to see what was a good choice. My guest had wavy hair that was pretty much a shoulder length bob with the front a bit shorter. We decided on a slightly longer than chin length bob with slight graduation in back and a little bit of layering higher up for some volume. Bascially she got a bouncy swingy bob. The kind that makes you want to put your hands under it and just bounce it. Hers would do that. As we were walking to the desk afterward I was telling her to go ahead and swing it. She was loving it.

I'd also like to say that I'm starting to like when Mrs E helps me with a guest's haircut. Her help today was not overwhelming. She showed the way but she let me use my hands and tools to learn it. And because of that there was nothing for her to fix. I can say that I gave this haircut. With her guidance. My hands held the hair and cut it. And she would look and tell me "Yep that's the right way" and then come back and say "Looking good Rob". I also love that I got to use my new round brush to finish the style.

Tomorrow is Rubric day for Foils. As of right now my friend from grade school is still coming to be my model.  :)

Thank You. I just want to say Thank You. This train of positives is still moving forward. I know I'm not doing it alone. And that means the world to me. I believe it. I know I can do this. I don't have to doubt myself anymore. There's a way. Sometimes its a matter of waiting for the opportunity. And sometimes I make it happen. And sometimes I make it happen with help. But its happening. And its because it is that I don't have to get upset when something changes or someone has to cancel. It just means its going to happen a different way. But still for the better.

Thanks for reading
Love you all
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment