Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Day 96 ~ 666 Hours ~ 12/4/13

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 96 ~ 666 Hours ~ 12/4/13

Yup, 666 hours :)
31 Guests

Today's Hair: Picture isn't from today but I did the same spin pin bun with this for today. Its one of my go to's for something reliable but quick to do. And fancy.

Performance Floor: My new FB friend came for a visit today to let me do a permanent wave for her. She let me do whatever I wanted and I did. I originally was going to do a spiral perm but when she arrived Mrs J and I saw that her hair wasn't as long as the picture had me thinking. So I sectioned her out for a basic wrap. But I asked her where her part was and she showed me that it was a right eye part and I decided to wrap the rods going away from the part line instead of going back from the hairline. So after I did that it looked like she was wearing a headband of white rods. So then while looking at my remaining sections I saw that could do another headband like I had done with a previous roller set on a manikin. This left the back with a section shaped like an oval. Well it was too wide to use a single column of long white rods so I filled it in with columns of short white rods. Some of those rods ended up not getting curly. I think they just had a bit too much hair on them and needed more processing time. But by the time I knew that it was after the neautralizer was applied so there was no fixing it today. But they were lower so some of the better curls do cover them. And of course my guest knows all this. But the rest of the curls from the headbands came out nice. They were a bit on the wavier side but they had a cute factor. They had a nice scrunched look to them.

With permission, here are before and afters. She shared these with meso the lighting is a bit off on the afters. But I brightened them a bit.





And I feel like I have arrived. Look what my guest brought me. That's what it looked like a few minutes ago. Apple desserts  :)

After school I took Ashlee home and she redid my manicure with some blue green sparkly polish. Then I went and visited my new salon owner friend.
So I had a great day that means a lot. I had a great day with three different nice people and shared some laughs.
Tomorrow is quiz day. We really didn't study this chapter because of our lost Thursday and the mock board test. So I'll do my studying in a minute and get some workbooks and practise quizing done.

Thanks for reading.
Love you all
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment