Thursday, December 19, 2013

Day 107 ~ Playing With Color ~ 12/19/13

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 107 ~ Playing With Color ~ 12/19/13

743 Hours

Classroom Day:
Quiz on Haircolor 2: We really did not do much actual out loud theory for this. Most of my time was spent doing my workbook pages. The other day while I was finishing up my rubric with my friend as a guest Mrs V wrote the review stuff on the board for us to copy down but that's all and I didn't have a chance to write it. So I was thinking I might fail this quiz because the things she wrote down were worded differently than I had seen in my workbook and text book. When we started class today she told us that we were taking the quiz right before break, In other words it was already 9:15 or after when we took roll call and she was going to give us the quiz at 9:45 with no last minute review like I've had every other time. So I asked if anyone had the stuff written down from the board and someone let me borrow it. Then I was able to see the ones I needed to pay attention to. As I took the quiz I was struggling with a few and I thought I might get more than 4 wrong of 20 and not pass. But I got 2 wrong and got 90%. And one of those was a toss up one. It was a choice between the one I chose and the one that was correct. So that gave me a boost for the rest of the day. Especially since I looked at my progress report with Mrs V to see what I was missing for tomorrow's 750 hour 50% milestone. Its going to take me a few weeks to get there. I need at least 30-35 credits in the hairstyling section. Even if I wet down a bunch of manikins and blow dry them its going to take a while.
But that being said, it said I needed 9 hair colors so since it was work on manikins day in class I went to work and I had some manikins on hand to experiment with. If I remember I'll edit in the photos later but I posted them to FB from my phone. I used what we had on hand from the leftovers box and I did some foils and some balayage / free hand brush painting on 3 of my manikins. I washed and blew them dry and showed Mrs V. So hopefully I got 3 color credits and 3 styling credits.

In the meantime it was another nice day and I look forward to a good day tomorrow with Mrs D and then some good plans for the weekend.

Thanks for reading
Love you all
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment