Saturday, December 21, 2013

Day 108 ~ Halfway ~ 12/20/13

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 108 ~ Halfway ~ 12/20/13

750 Hours done
750 Hours left
43 Guests

My current attendance % is 99.6
I have, with help, been fortunate enough to attend 108 straight days of school. This leaves me with 108 days left at the least. 108 x 7 = 756. From this point forward I will have been at this school longer than I have left. I haven't earned my 50% Milestone yet and that's going to take a while. But the most important Milestone comes 108 days from now. I could care less if I got the 50%, 75% and Diploma on the same day by doing one last missing credit. I'm going to cross the finish line. And I'm saying that calmly and not throwing so much tough determination talk at it. I'm at the point where its not about fear anymore. Today was one of those Firsts that I had to get through. And as I'll say in a moment it had a few bumps. But the things to be scared of are being passed. Its getting to the time where I just do the work and get the experience and learn how to refine myself. I still have a bit of the mirror issue. Not so much that I can't look. I'm just forgetting to. But I've had some very beautiful friends at the school in that reflection lately. Speaking of which I just tied a mirror to the extendable tripod that I got from Ashlee and I put it in the car to take with me tomorrow.

But lets discuss today first. Its a friday so there's pretty much a set expectation as far as what I'll be doing. Part of that is the celebration portion before 9:30. I got my frog for last week's 100% attendance. We danced a bit. There was a graduate from the other group. Then its a matter of whether I have a request booked or waiting to see what guest ticket I am handed because odds are good that I will have a morning guest. I also have Mrs D at 1:30 weekly for her roller set. So I set up and got ready for the unknown. Then some time was passing so I went to get my manikins from the locker. I figured that would Karma things into gear. And it worked. Less than 5 minutes later a ticket came. What could it be? A Thermal iron? A haircut? Color? Nope. A lady wanted a facial. It was her first time to the school. Ok so I had a tiny bit of panic mode set in. There's a difference between manikin facials and the real thing. Mainly the steps for the real thing involve using our Bioelements products and that involves them filling out a question sheet and then trying to match our product types to their skin type. But there are also things like putting the towels in the crock pots to steam them. Putting the sheets on the bed. Anyway I went right to Mrs E and said I need help with setting this up. And with her help and a veteran student's help I got set up and lined up for the steps. The first few steps involve applying and removing some things like makeup remover. Then there's the exfoliating step with a warm steam towel on the face. Then you sit and wait for 5-10 minutes. The room is dark and we have an Enya CD playing. Things were going well up to this point. I was removing the exfoliating product and she asked me if this was my first facial. I said I had done one in workshop on a student. She said that she wanted to stop. I didn't think I had done anything wrong. In the interest of making her feel comfortable we had a female student sitting in the room with us. So I asked her to get Mrs E. She wanted to stop because her face was burning a bit. Which does happen for some with these products. Its kinda like hair. Acids close the cuticle and alkaline opens it. Its kinda the same with pores and skin pH. We have a product called Immediate Comfort for this issue so I went about trying to get it applied asap. Mrs L who had also helped out earlier before I started was the one to come in. She said she was going to go get Mrs J because Mrs J does lots of facials for her other job. Mrs J came and had me put cool water towels on her face. Things calmed down and she wasn't burning up anymore so now came the true test. When we do a facial on a manikin we do the massage movements for about 2 minutes. We do 3 of each of 3 different ones. But for a person we do the movements for a whole hour. So basically there's a card on the table as a pointer showing the different ones. I did some of them but this was a mix of some of them and some of things I was making up as I went along. But I gave her the full hour at least. For the last 15 minutes or so the CD had stopped and she was ok with it not being on. Mrs L came back in just as I was done with the massage and said that she didn't need the mask step since her skin was already looking good from the other steps. Plus to play it safe. So I finished up with the moisturizer and that was that. I got to finish it. She didn't leave in the middle. She seemed happy when she left. I don't know if she'd ever come for a facial again or not but its not my doing. It was the products and they are chemicals. So for me this was a positive because I know what to do now and I won't mind doing the procedure at all.

Mrs D had to cancel because she had an issue at home with some plumbing or something like that. But as I was about to go to a break Mrs L told me my guest had cancelled. And I said I knew. But I went to the computer to check if Mrs D had rescheduled and I saw that I had a curl reformation perm that was supposed to come for my afternoon guest. It was that guest that had cancelled. I spent what time I had left starting a roller set on Reese's longer hair using the smaller orange rollers. They're the next size up from the small blue ones. But I only got the top and one side done so far. I left her in the locker just in case some time comes to work on it some more.



Thanks for reading.
I Love you all.
Thank you for joining me for these first 750 hours.
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment