Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day 95 ~ Why Are You Still Standing? ~ 12/3/13

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 95 ~ Why Are You Still Standing? ~ 12/3/13

659 Hours

Classroom Day - Second of at least three Practise / Mock  State Board tests.
We follow the same procedures as if we are taking the actual board test to get a license.
I got a 94 out of 123 on my first one with Mrs C a few weeks ago.
But Mrs E is an instructor who is a bit more thorough with the guidelines and such. In other words as close to what we'd have at the actual test as I can imagine in my mind.
That being said I was not prepared and I knew that last night at 2 am when I was trying to pack my bags.

I did not have my items labeled and my manicure hand was missing a nail and none had polish on them yet for removing. Thankfully Mrs E gave us the first hour to do some labeling. But after break we started the test and I was caught off guard a bit. I didn't have my trash and soiled implement bags labeled yet but I had to start the manicure. When she came around she was checking the bags obviously looking for the label.
Then we did the facial.
Then we did the chemicals. You make 4 quadrants on the head, 2 front, 2 back. In the first quadrant you do a Lightener / Bleach, then in 2 and 3 you do color retouch and relaxer retouch. I oopsed a bit and used the wrong sections for the first two. Then it was lunch time and I had a chance to read the procedure again so luckily I still had the right one to use for the last one.

My main issue was neatness because of the way I had packed and had to unpack. Now that I have my bottles labeled and such I have them back in a bag ready to be used again next time. And I'll know better how to pack my clips and such.

When she called me up she asked what happened with the manicure and I was unaware something had happened with it. Something about one finger. Well apparently its remove the polish from one finger and then do the manicure and then paint them all. So I got marked for that. Which is odd since my hand only had one nail painted for the past few months. I wonder if Mrs C had us doing something different? Or maybe she had me do just one when I was short on time that day.
Anyway there were a few this and thats that I got marked down for that I wasn't expecting. I was watching her flip through the pages and each one had a number in the teens written on them and I was expecting those to be added up as mark offs and fail. But she punched in numbers on the calculator and got 102 out of 123 and that is 82.9% or 83% which is passing. The actual State Board minimum is 70%. Regency has us try for 80 or more on everything. She must have been adding on to the numbers as she flipped the pages.
I'm not really happy with my score but I am satisfied. I know how to do it next time we practise. By then I might have more actual practise with some of the things.

Since we started earlier we finished earlier so I spent the last hour getting my items back into their bags and such and ready to use tomorrow. Then after I finished that Mrs E came walking by and asks "Why Are You Still Standing?" so after I told her I was used to standing all day anyway at Kroger I told her I was going to name this entry that.

At the moment I have a FB friend booked tomorrow for a perm. So I'm looking forward to a nice day.
There's a few other nice things that may happen after school as well. One may be really positive. But I'll hold back on commenting what it is until it happens. It could be something nice and it could be something awesome. But we'll see. The door is at least open to the possibility right now. A door I opened 6 months ago. Take me there roller coaster ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's hair was a bun with my new Paparazzi brand flower that I got this sunday at a vendor party I networked at.

Thanks for reading.
Love you all
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment