Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day 106 ~ Highlights ~ 12/18/13

Cosmetology School Journey ~ Day 106 ~ Highlights ~ 12/18/13

736 Hours
42 Guests

Performance Floor:
Today's manikin assignment was to do the 3 out of 4 section chemicals procedure like we do in the mock board test. I had a friend scheduled as a guest at 11 but I was in a good mood and didn't want to stand around so I knocked out the assignment and still had time for the 10:30 break and time to get ready and clean my tools.

Today's guest was a friend of my friend who came for the perm a few weeks ago. So I was seeing her again for the second time and meeting today's guest in person for the first. We had talked on FB a bit. She came in for some small weaved red highlights for her brown hair. They may be technically lowlights but in any case they came out pretty. So I was there at my station with one friend wearing these pretty curls that I was seeing dry for the first time in person. And then I had this new friend that was letting me put these foils in and give these tiny red strands. And then I got to cut a few inches of long layers in to the top of the hair and I left her length alone. It was another 180 above the head straight up cut. Except with this one I did not cut her length at all and I just took about 3 inches off the top. The bottom length wasn't reaching that far but I wasn't trying to match it. Just give her some layers. And when it was dry she had a nice U shape. She has wavy hair similar to mine so I'm sure when it gets back to wavy it'll look even better.

And other than a little bit of help with choosing the color and showing me one foil, Mrs C pretty much let me be to do the task. And Mrs E didn't get involved either when she came in. She asked if I was doing alright and I was. It felt good to get through both a color and a cut with the blow dry pretty much indepentantly. I had a nice day with my friends. Two friends walked out the door with pretty hair and smiles. And I got to smile too.

Tomorrow is quiz day. I hope we do some reviewing because with the way things went last week and on Tuesday we really didn't do the specific theory that was posted on the board. But it is what it is. I'll face that task when I flip the paper over.

Thanks for reading.
Love you all
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment