Tuesday, July 9, 2013

13 days away.

13 days away.
These past 2 months have been far from perfect. I've had awesome days. I've had some blowups. Some of the days and places that mean the most to me are going to be just memories. Important memories. Important lessons. For better or worse, selfish or unselfish. I believe with all of my heart that its putting me on the right path at the right time. What I didn't realize was how much I really missed school. Last time I was so worried about my shyness issues and trying to get my speed up and falling behind on manikin practicals that I forgot the more important things. I can almost see those clients plain as day in my mind. I can't make out their faces but I can remember them. As much as I complain about the chairs having rusty old screws to raise the chairs I loved being the one to go get my WD40 to fix them. I loved being the one to get my needle nose to unclog the drains. I took pride in mopping the huge puddles. I can still feel that runny watered down shampoo in my hands. I miss sitting there eating those PB & J's from home while everyone else was eating restaurant food. I just had a taste of it again to remind me of combing out these roller sets. I don't know what way they're supposed to go. But you can just play with them and make something out of it. I miss sitting in that blue chair wondering when my next turn for a client was. I miss checking on the clients. As much as I never wanted to smell it I miss the sulfur smell of the perm eating away the hard bonds in the hair. I really missed the feel of the comb in my hand and not wanting to put it down. I miss carrying and dragging all that equipment from my car to that station and getting it all set up. And then having a system to get it back in there at the end of the day. I just need to remember the reasons I am doing this. I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm not doing this out of regret. I'm not doing this to stick it to the enemy.

I am doing this because its what will allow me to have a home and allow people into that home and treat them as family. To let them make themselves at home. To take care of them and let them take care of each other. Those couple of salon chairs or nail tables are just a room in the whole house. Its not about what kind of business I want. Its about the kind of home I want to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment