Saturday, July 6, 2013

Pondering Practical Practice

I'm sitting here thinking about my open mindedness towards the future and all the possibilities I'm not shutting out this time. But I'm also realising that with these 2 weeks to go till I start that while there are some things I need to practice to get back in the habit, The reality is I knew my stuff back then. Had I not fallen behind because of using up my hours so fast I'd have been just fine. I've got my notebook showing me how many clients I had and what I did. I lacked confidence which kept my speed down. But when it came to procedures and results I was getting the job done.

Lets see

Wet sets - 27
Tints or colors - 7
Perms - 4 perms - would have been 5 but one lady went home sick after her cut.
Manicure on a school client - 1

One day I had 2 clients named Virginia at a school named Virginia Farrell. One was a set the other a press and curl.

I made $62.50 in tips at about $1 at a time. I have 40 clients written down, only a couple were returns because the clients are randomly given out even if you have a family member come in at that school at the time..


 Also every client in that school has to be shampooed so I shampooed most of them except for the ones I took over in the middle of when the high schoolers had to leave.

What I meant to say was even if something comes up and I don't get this practice in with the manikins I'll be ready. I won't be scared. I know I've got the desire and the patience. The speed will come without the fear. I'm just ready this time. And if I hit a speedbump I'll have myself setup to practise here at home. I've got manikins to use. I will get a pressing comb if I don't get it in the kit. Sally Beauty has them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment