Thursday, July 18, 2013

Monday. Its so close.

Monday. Its so close. 3 days and 22 hours from now I'll be about to walk out the door and get in my car. 4 days from now I'll have been there over an hour.

Its not just starting school. Its everything. The unkown. But the looking forward to the unkown. There is no ready or not. I don't think I could be any more ready.

I'm sitting here with my purple and green nails and my french braid I slept on and I'm just ready. I'm ready to become a Cosmetologist. That's a word that doesn't make many appearances these days. I used to not think much about it. I used to want to go to school so I could trim my friends hair and post on forums. I was afraid of the rest. I was afraid of doing roller sets. The smell of perms when walking past a salon in a Sears or JCP made me think twice. The same was true of walking by a nail salon in a mall and smelling the glue that smelled as bad as the stuff I had to put up with for 5 years of braces. I'm still scared I won't figure out how to do color. I understood what I was taught but it was only the basics. I know I can do it. Its just a scary thing. No one wants to mess up color and not be able to fix it. I'm still scared of things that involve glue. But I'm looking forward to getting over that this time. I have manikins to practise eyelashes on. I can practice all sorts of nails on my practice manikin hands.

I just want to embrace it all. I'm going to learn these things in a very nice place. I'm going to accept it for the gift that it is and I'm going to open it up to enjoy. And I'll play with the box too. And the bows.

No comments:

Post a Comment