Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I'm not going to behind a chair, I'm going to be behind the client and on their side

I'm not going to behind a chair, I'm going to be behind the client and on their side

If a client enters the doorway of a salon I am in they own their hair not me. If they have a bad dye job, bad cut, botched self cutting or color, 2 strands of hair,it does not matter what my opinion of that is. It is my job to accept that they are putting their trust in me to care for them now. It is my job to consult with them about what they want done. It is my job to do what they ask to the best of my ability or respectfully help them try something that may work better. I do not get to bash the other stylist for the botched job. I do not get to berate or belittle the client for trying something on themself. Even if they changed something I gave them. Its their hair. Not mine. I don't own my clientele. And I will do what it takes to help them. I will help them learn to style their hair. I will teach them to maintain it if they want to. Who am I to tell a client they cannot cut or color their own hair? Can I give the advice on why not to? Sure. I can also help them do it right. Maybe I don't know everything or anything yet. Maybe I'm not the other definition of Industry Professional. But I know that what I will do will matter. I'm going to specialize in trust. Two way trust. And care.

No comments:

Post a Comment