Saturday, July 6, 2013

I'm a Painter after all, just not walls

I decided to go ahead and remove my salon made fancy nails myself and give my own nail art a try. Last night I went to war to get the fancy gel ones off. Took me 8 oz of pure acetone and a ton of sanding and filing but I got them off, or at least down to my nail.
I mentioned in the previous entry that I plan to do a Purple Heart Flower design. I bought fake tips to glue on and some colors for it at Sally. Sally Beauty Supply is right next to my cosmetology school and the lady there Jackie remembered me by name :)

So here are the polishes I bought, the picture of my fancy nails from 7 / 4 that I had made 6 / 11. And a picture of my first try at painting my own nails on the left hand. I might have used a dollar store purple years ago but I don't remember for sure if I painted mine with it.


My new Finger Paints to do my design. Some little leafs I might try. And my brushes with a nice floral design on them.
Finger Print brand Colors:
Tiffany Imposter (Light blue)
Sketch N Etch (Dark Green)
Silkscreen Green (Light Green)
Vintage Violet (Darker)
Lavender Highlight (Lighter)
My Art Belongs To You (Darker)
Pink Patina (Lighter)

   


 



July 5 2013. First self painted nails, left hand. I had to do a few wipe and start overs but I'm happy with this for now until I get my supplies restocked. I was using brush cleaner to fix the mistakes because I used the whole 8 oz pure acetone to get my fancy gels off. I'm holding the Tiffany Imposter blue because that's my backgroun color for my Heart flowers. I don't have the My Art Belongs to You pink in that one but each finger is a different one.



The Right hand painted by my left hand. Looks like I figured out which side of the brush I'm supposed to use. This hand has the My Art Belongs To You pink instead of Pink Petunia. I've got a green thumb and a pink pinky and a purple pointer. And a regal ring.


No comments:

Post a Comment