Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 4 - July 25 - Merry Onyxmas

Day 4 - July 25 - Merry Onyxmas

Before I get to the entry I want to mention that I made a Facebook page to help me build my lientele / guest list for school since it really is a better approach to this journey than trying to learn on manikins.

Robert Siwicki - Cosmetology Student at Regency Beauty Institute

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-Siwicki-Cosmetology-Student-at-Regency-Beauty-Institute/637983856212128 


This morning we reviewed theory on Nails (Onyx) and Nail Diseases & Disorders. We have the quiz on them tomorrow. We also have a Technical Rubric or practical test where we have to perform a manicure without talking.

Then came break and during break I had K take my picture in the break room with my school logo apron on to use for my FB page.
Here's the larger version

After break it was time for the second round of pedicures but since a student was absent there was an odd number of us so Mrs. C gave me my pedicure. But since the pedicure stations are not in the classroom its akward to give them so at first Mrs. C was on a sheet on the floor to do it all up to the polish. Then I suggested she try sitting in the shampoo chair while I was on the higher stool. That worked a little bit better.

I chose the Revlon Plum color but just like yesterday it wasn't working well and Mrs. C was having a hard time using it so she had to put a little extra on. She finished just as it was lunch time so I had to get up and get my new flip flops on right away. I ended up smudging a a few trying to adjust the flip flops and get onto the break room stools. Then I took the picture. Yes I'm showing my feet. If I can touch feet you can look right?


I asked if we are allowed to come in during the night time part time student's service hours and get services as a client and she said yes. So I may use that as my way to get my pedicures kept up when I'm not trying it myself. Along with other things I could do to help other students get some credits.

After lunch we made posters with diagrams of the nail structures and diseases and disorders. Just a fun little project.

Then we talked about guest services and how to treat them nicely etc.
We did some of the state law book review
Then we tried to play Hollywood Squares with questions about nails but its a computer version and for some reason no matter what character Mrs. C clicked on it would give the same question so we didn't quite get to see all of them. But we got a few answered.

Mrs. C really cares and is doing her best to help us. I've had a few days now to get used to her style and its funny but one of the Expectations of the Instructor that I came up with the other day was Learn With Us. She is. She's great at adapting to us. Its a bit easier right now with only 6 in the room. My group is just grooving along. We got the music going and we're just moving along.

I do need to study a bit for this quiz. Its a multiple choice 20 question quiz which I should be able to pass. But there's a bunch of Diseases & Disorders that start with Ony that I need to get straight in my head. If it were fill in the blank I'd fail. So that's my agenda for tonight.

Tomorrow is the quiz, the rubric, and we will go over shampooing and shampoo each other a bit. Then the next 2 weeks are haircutting starting Monday.

Hairstyle today: No picture but I did a 2 banded tail and put my gray scrunchie at the top over the first band. But during lunch I undid it and then braided my tail and put the second band at the pull over shoulder point because I thought it was clock in time. But it wasn't so I left it there and continued the braid and then put the scrunchie on the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment