Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 5, Week One Ends "Ony" Good Note

Cosmetology School Blog - Day 5, Week One Ends "Ony" Good Note

Hair of the day first. Since it was quiz and technical rubric manicure testday I decided to add some luck to my options. Yesterday I found out I can wear other colors for hair accessories so I figured I'd go for it. I was going to wear the 2 Purple Heart Bracelets but I could only find one and was running short on time so I just threw on a few purple bands to start with. Then I spotted the necklace I got a few years back when I met hair care forum people at the mall and bought it. So here is my tilted camera up against my pop bottle in the break room picture. Note At first I was trying to add more than my usual 3 bands so that's why the one looks stretched out and not in the right spot. Its in a spot I don't normally use.


Started the day with Friday Celebrations
This is where we all gather in the salon area and celebrate perfect attendances for the past week or possibly longer. And we had 1 Graduation today. And then it was time to dance. And for the first time in I life I wasn't one of the people who sat in the chairs on the sidelines. I said out loud I'm tired of being afraid. If they could hear me with the music playing. And I danced like a clumsy oaf but I danced. I'm going to keep getting up and dancing and come June I don't care what my dance looks like my butt's gonna dance.

 Class started with some last minute review on nails.

Took the 20 question Nail quiz. None of the Ony - Disease words were on it. Must be on the one in the next room or to get to it. I missed 1 out of 20 for 95%.

After break we started the Technical Rubric / Practical test on doing a manicure. Lady O did mine first and she did a nice job. Other than me noticing that she didn't do the arm portion of the hand and arm massage, with a mental note since I can't tell her she did well. I don't think Mrs C saw that since she had to watch everyone. However although she got done in the time given that could have given me time to do mine before lunch we were waiting on Mrs C to come over and grade her so I ended up with about 20 minutes. Which I was ok with. 
Until I got to trying to remove her polish with the non acetone. It ended up taking me the whole 20 minutes trying to get that stuff off. Probably would have been less than 5 with pure acetone.

So I had to finish it after lunch. And I did a good job with it until I got to the polish. Instead of the red Mrs C said to use this flesh tone pink which I couldn't see while brushing it on and wasn't getting on the brush when I dipped so combine that with my still rookie polishing skills and thats all I got marked for and passed.

Then we cleaned up and did some theory on Hair Structure which I still pretty much know. And then it was break time. After break it was time to watch Mrs C. show us a shampoo on K and then S did her conditioner. O and B went to the floor to do their shampoos while I got to shampoo and condition Lady R.
We were supposed to also do blow drying and irons but because my manicure had everything behind I didn't get to do mine. I started sanitation since everyone else was doing their blow dries and irons. No one shampooed me. But this was just an indtroduction thing so it wasn't supposed to be an everyone does one thing.

So that was Day 5 and the end of the first week. Which I'm not going to call the first week Back because this is new. I really am learning things I didn't learn before. I'm glad my 800 hours don't count. Starting over is right for me. Now bring on the hair. I've got 3 weeks of hair and I'm going to know some and I'm not going to know a lot. Because this time its going to be more hands on. I will get to try these other haircuts that were only explained last time. I'll be using the blow dryer and flat iron and plug in marcel iron. No stove this time. Then its on to the rehearsal class and then the floor. And more dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment