Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 11 ~ Round & Square ~ 8/5/13

Cosmetology Journal ~ Day 11 ~ Round & Square ~ 8/5/13

Haircutting Week 2 has begun.

We started this morning with going over Smart goals. Which for some reason was ringing a bell with me.
When Mrs C went to the flip chart and wrote the letters out veritically that's when it started coming back to me. S.M.A.R.T. = Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Reasonable, Timely. Yup the same stuff I'd been listening to at the meetings I was going to as the Cultural Council Leader at the grocery store. I think I caught her off guard when I started guessing the letters.

After that we got to work doing the Round Layers cut on Penelope 1. We rewatched the Linda video as we were doing them since this was her version and not Mrs C's. Got as far as the top section and break came.

After break I got through the whole thing with only one tiny bit of help from Mrs. C. Then right as I was finishing up she had a bangs cut video going and while I didn't watch it I did have time to have her show me so I could do it right before lunch. Basically it was long bangs that are mid nose length with some point cutting.

After lunch we watched the Square Layers cut video and then since Ben still has longer hair we did it on him. There's also a Square Male Layers cut but that's for tomorrow or later. I had no trouble with this one except I did cut my left index finger where my second inner knuckle wrinkle is while doing Palm to Palm. Meaning my left palm is facing me with my fingers pointing up and then I turn my right hand to have the palm face the other palm with the fingers pointing down. I was only on the second cut when I did it. It was right before break so I had the whole break to get it to stop bleeding.

After break I came back and while I was the last to finish I owned that cut and did it without help.
Then Ben got some blow drying and then we had to stop for the extra Monday sanitation.

Awesome day :)
We also had a returning student that was on leave so we have someone new to us.

Today's style was a braid that I had about 3 minutes to do and somehow it came out nice. I put my flower bands on it.






Ben's Square Layers

Penelope 1's Round Layers from today

Penelope 2's Round Layers from Friday






No comments:

Post a Comment