Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day 24 ~ Kneading a Facial ~ 8/22/13

Cosmetology Journal ~ Day 24 ~ Kneading a Facial ~ 8/22/13

Today's hair was a repeat of a regular braid with my flower bands. I chose a braid because I had to lay down for a facial today so I didn't want anything bumpy behind my head or neck and This braid is pillowy to lay on.


We started today by having roll call out on the salon floor and Mrs L talked to us a bit. Then we came back and started setting up to do facials on each other. We had to lower the tables and spread the blankets and such since we were working in the workshop classroom.

I didn't have a partner but somehow Ju, that I helped with the kit the other day had decided I was her partner so if you're reading this someday Thanks. I said so already.
Since the facials take at least an hour one was for before lunch and one for after. I was up first to give the facial so after the first break I gave it. The actual giving part is not that hard. The hard part was trying to get the products and get set up because not everyone was getting the same products because of skin types and some of them had to be mixed based on type. So after fumbling about with that I finally got set up and went about the nice work. This was a much different facial than the ones I did before. The big difference was the use of actual steamed towels.

After lunch it was my turn and Ju did a very nice job. Although since I hadn't shaved my beard she was told not to do that section. Had I known that I would have done something with it last night to give her or whomever more working room.

After break Mrs L came in to give us our color swatches and some booklets about Wella color that we use.. Then we went over the State Laws for the skin section and did some theory and quiz review.

Tomorrow is Makeup and everyone has to have some applied. I personally am looking forward to it. I don't plan to wear makeup as part of my looks but who knows. I have an open mind. And I'm not afraid. With the way things are going in makeup on Pinterest and such I'm sure there will be something for me to try.  I'm going to have some fun.

Note: Petrissage is the Kneading type massage movement.

Thanks for reading.
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment