Thursday, August 29, 2013

Day 29 ~ Permanently Positively Purple ~ 8/29/13

Cosmetology Journal ~ Day 29 ~ Permanently Positively Purple ~ 8/29/13

Today we were allowed to wear other colored clothing so I went with a purple shirt and just a regular 2 band tail but I put this Purple Sparkle snapping band over the top band.





I got my duffel bag back this morning safe and sound.
Before the morning break we were supposed to go over the Building Your Future: Time Management but I don't think we actually did that. There was a lot of discussion but I don't recall much about time management LOL. 

After break we split into groups of people who plan things and people who are more spontaneous or who put things off. I was on in the spontaneous group. We wrote out some pros and cons for our types and then shared them.
Then we started with theory on permanent waves and Mrs J brought our perm solution products in to pass around. 

After Lunch we watched a Linda video of her doing 9 sections for a basic perm wrap. Then Mrs J demoed it a bit and we started sectioning. 

I wasn't quite sure if my sections were the right size because my behind the ear sections were too wide. But after like an hour Mrs J told the class a different way to measure and where the lines are supposed to be and I was able to simply fix it. When I had her come over to check me she didn't have me change anything.

After break we started putting the rods in and I just want to say that I felt great. I was just calm and relaxed and putting them in. I'm still learning how to do them again and not quite sure how to get my fingers on the wrapping papers. But I rolled the middle and lower back sections and asked if they looked ok and Mrs J said yes. I asked if they looked too loose because the rods with bands don't clamp the curl down like a roller clip does. But she said it was fine. Then we took some time to remove the rods and clean up.

I was using Deborah from home for my perm because she's got the uniform layers from taking her for the rubric haircut. I hope I get to use her again but Mrs J asked us to bring our textured manikins so i might be using Naomi tomorrow that was relaxed yesterday. The new people haven't cut any of theirs yet so its giving them trouble rolling the rods with the odd lengths. But in any case I am looking forward to finishing this week and the rest of the perms next week. The thought of being timed is scary but otherwise I'm having a blast. Plus I can practise this at home now that I know what I'm supposed to do. I've got the supplies already.

Tomorrow is dance day :) 

Thanks for reading. I appreciate it.
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment