Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 27 ~ The Theory Of Relaxing ~ 8/27/13

Cosmetology Journal ~ Day 27 ~ The Theory Of Relaxing ~ 8/27/13

Today's Hair

I wore the 3 fuzzy scrunchies I got from Claires. This is also the next day results of trying Sebastian Drench shampoo and conditioner. So far I give it a passing grade with my hair.

Today was pretty much Theory for the first 3 sessions. We did theory on hair structure in the morning. Then Mrs J was giving some advice about haircutting and how not everyone learns it the textbook way.
We watched a slide show on perm history with the old machines and such.
Then we had theory on hydroxide relaxers and ammonium thioglycolate relaxers and perms. Then we partnered up and did consultations with each other for chemical service record cards.
Then Mrs J brough in our relaxer products and tested their pH's with strips.

After lunch we did more theory and watched the Linda DVD on applying relaxer.
We set up to do it using cholesterol cream conditioner which is kinda like mayo but made for using as a conditioner. So you can brush it on.

However before we started that Mrs Sherri came in to go over our progress reports with us.
As of yesterday I'm at 99.89% attendance. I'm at 178 hours (185 now)
I've done 12 out of 12 in my Academics (Quizzes and Rubrics passed)
I'm 89% academic score
I'm supposed to be at 149 Practical Services done and I have 224. Note Sanitation procedures counts towards that too.

I have
21 of 8 - Hair Cutting - 75 min for graduation
39 of 21- Hair Styling - 330 min for graduation
4 of 2 - Nail Care - 85 min for graduation
5 of 5 - Skin Care - 40 min for graduation
155 of 100 - Misc - 595 min for graduation


After the progress reports we took a later break and then sectioned the manikins into 4 sections. We then had time to do just the back right section. Then we rinsed the manikins and cleaned up.

I never had a relaxer client at the old school so I'd only had cholesterol application experience. However I did apply some hair color / tint using a brush on at least one client back then. But most I did were bottle applied.

One more cheer for having good products. The product we use to protect the scalp when applying relaxer is not Vaseline this time. Its an actual Base / scalp protector that comes in an applicator bottle so it won't be as messy to apply. Unless it ends up being runny. I didn't get to use it yet. Just saw Mrs J use it.

While you do have to have speed with relaxers this isn't really the portion of this week that concerns me as much yet. Until I'm actually trying it on a person I really do have this. Its just brushing goop on the hair. Until then. I used to be scared of the thought of doing a relaxer. But I used to be afraid of a lot of things. But it is just a Relaxing service. And that's no Lye.

Thanks for reading
~ No Tangles ~





No comments:

Post a Comment