Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 23 ~ "I Got This" ~ 8/21/13

Cosmetology Journal ~ Day 23 ~ "I Got This" ~ 8/21/13

Today's Hair: Purple Velvet like scrunchie on a higher than usual tail. I got it up around the occipital bone this time instead of my long time nape tails. Then I put a tiny band on the ends just to keep it secured.

Today was Facials day one.
We had Mrs E subbing today for Mrs J.
We started the day with skin theory, anatomy, disorders, and skin analysis for consutlations.
Then Mrs E took some time to introduce herself and talk about where she's worked and such.

After break we watched the video of a facial being done with the Bioelements products we have.
Then Mrs E brought the cart in to show us the products and we checked off a procedure sheet with which products we actually have of the ones mentioned in the steps.

Then it was Lunch.

After lunch we set up the manikins for the first try and Mrs E did her demo. Then we all did the state board version together which is like a mini version to show that you know the procedure without taking the full amount of time to do long massages. We finished that right at break time.

After break we went to the esthetics room to look at what's in there. Mrs E asked for a volunteer and before anyone else moved I jumped at it. so I laid on the bed while she and some students wrapped the blankets on me.

Then there was a change in plans. Instead of finishing our scheduled lessons we had a guest from a salon coming in so we cleaned early. A salon owner and stylist came in and demonstrated her technique for making a hairpiece and wwhen she was going to add her second piece of hair she asked if anyone wanted to come up and measure it and I looked around and no one was moving so I jumped up and got to try it.

So since I'm lacking in the facial pun department at the moment I figured I'd go with my double volunteering since "I Got This" in more ways than one.

Tomorrow we're supposed to pair up and give each other facials. Should be an interesting day. But its not my first nor second time giving a facial. I'm just glad I didn't have to buy my own supplies this time.

Thanks for reading.
~ No Tangles ~


No comments:

Post a Comment