Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 21 ~ Sticky Buns, New Frizz, Fish and Corn ~ 8/19/13

Cosmetology School ~ Day 21 ~ Sticky Buns, New Frizz, Fish and Corn ~ 8/19/13

Week 4, Start of Month 2

Since it was a special day I decided to wear my custom made Purple hair sticks that I had made years ago for the first time.


Today we started by having the morning session alone with our new Teacher Mrs J. Just like when I started the new students were busy with Mrs Sherri doing their orientation first. So the 5 of us from last month did our intros to Mrs J for the first session. Her last name has the word Frizz in it so she said some call her that. So I may or may not do so. Then after break we did braiding. Mrs J said she never really learned it and even though students have tried to teach her she can't get it. So student C demoed cornrows and we gave those a try. I had something about 1/2 inch wide going on top. Then student S demoed the Fishtail but I really didn't do that one since I've done it before and it was lunchtime since we went at 12 today instead of 12:30. So on lunch I got to meet a few of the new students before we all got into the class.

Then we all got in to the class and it was time to help the new students unpack their cardboard boxes and do the kit checklist. I was helping one of the many students with a J name. Then we did the second round of intros for the day. There might be a 6th starting tomorrow but we had 5 start today. So there's 10 in the room currently and might be 11.

After break they went over the sanitation theory while we braided or did whatever. I don't have pictures but I did a dutch braid going from Reese's temple back along her right side to the nape like a moon shape. Then I just braided the rest on the other side for the heck of it but not fancy.
Then I set up Naomi with textured hair and I sectioned off her sides and then starting at her nape I did horizontal sections across the back. I took those individual blocks and braided them so there was a braid coming from the middle. I did that up the head to the bangs. I had 6 braids. I then arched them together and clipped them in pairs like an arched A shape, like a stegosaurus spike. Then I split her two sides vertically and made 2 braids on each side to make arches sticking out from the sides. So I had 10 braids total on her.

Then it was time to clean.

As I was heading out for one of the breaks or lunch Mrs C was at the front desk at the spot close to the hallway. So I leaned over and said "May I help You?" as if we were on opposite sides just to play with her.

Tomorrow is wax day. This week is Skin. I was going to volunteer for others to practise on for my lower legs but I really don't have much on them yet. But I'll let them use my arms.

Oh I wore black fingers and white thumbs for my nail polish today. Nothing too fancy but I was hoping to get something dry and smooth. I think I'm going to get OPI for my next attempt. The school sells OPI so I can either get credit for selling it to myself or if they don't have the color I need I can go to Cosmoprof and get it with my discount. Either way its a good thing. I'd rather spend the extra money and get myself closer to Designer status.

Thanks for reading. Time to do some hair at home now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment