Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 13 ~ Reggie For Short ~ 8/7/13

Cosmetology Journal ~ Day 13 ~ Reggie For Short ~ 8/7/13

In the morning we went over theory to get ready for today's quiz.
Then we got set up to do another Square Male cut like yesterday's

After break we took the quiz and I got 2 of 10 wrong for 80% so I passed.
Then we got to work doing the cut. I was going along just fine or so I thought. I wasn't quite holding my fingers right on the center of the back but somehow I was managing to cut the rest of that section right when she checked. So she got me back on track and I got around to finish the right side and then started the left back and worked my way around to the side. Then she checked again and somehow I didn't have the left corner right. I guess it was because I was overdirecting more of the corner than I should have been so the spot next to the corner going towards the center back needed to be held out from its spot more than back towards the square. So I got that fixed and through the side. Then I had her go through the top with me since she was confused about it herself yesterday. She had us doing a smaller section than the video was showing and everyone got lost because we skipped the blending. But anyway I would have been done sooner but I got as far as the point where I need to take the top out to the sides and clean up the leftovers. But it was lunch time.

After lunch we got out the clippers and went over theory on them and oiling and such. Then we watched Linda demo on the video a clipper cut on a manikin and some Shear / Scissor over comb.

Then after break we finished the video where she did a cut on a man. Then Mrs. C started to demo and then had us each come up and take some passes on her demo manikin with the clippers. Then using some of the used manikins the school had we did our own clipper cuts with a shear cut on top.
My manikin is one of the younger girl sized heads. I named her Regena Regency. I named this entry Reggie for short as in a nickname but also that she got a short clipper cut.

I put her back in the cabinet to do the cleaning and at the end I asked to get her back out for a picture. Because she went in with wet hair it got mushed by other manikins and her hair kinda dried funky. But I took the picture for my portfolio anyway and to share with you.




Today's style is 2 Claire's bow barettes crossed to make a flower shape. I put them on my braid last night for a quick picture and then today I put them on my loose unbraided hair.





Thanks for reading
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment