Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day 22 ~ Dripping and Stripping ~ 8/20/13

Cosmetology School ~ Day 22 ~ Dripping and Stripping ~ 8/20/13

Today's hair was just a ponytail using my purple heart bracelets. I couldn't find one of the two for most of the past two weeks until I was straightening out on Sunday to get my school bag and room reset. But I found them both.

I'm still working on the nails. Just trying to buff them a bit and get them smoother. I redid the left hand this morning but not the right so I had one shiny and one buffed hand. If I weren't trying to cut back on the money spending I'd go get the OPI with my discount. I'm hoping it does a better job, at least with my ability.
I've got the polishing inside the lines now but the coat thickness and drying are my nemesis.

Today was Waxing day.

We started with theory and workbooks in the morning. Then we were going to watch a video but Mrs J was having trouble getting it to go from the computer to the projector screen. A few of us tried to help out including me but it wouldn't let me fix what I thought it was. It was saying something about the screen resolution being wrong but when I tried to change it the note popped up saying Unknown error.

After break Mrs J got the video working and we watched it. It was a lady demoing NuFree which is the type of wax our Regency uses. After that we did more theory and then a Powerpoint slide show. Then right before lunch Mrs J brought in the wax cart to show us the tools. Then it was lunch.

After lunch Mrs J demoed an eyebrow wax on one of S's brows. Then since we were having our non graded rubric it was time for us all to take turns doing something on someone. However one of the new J name students, Ju got her kit boxes today so since I hadn't started getting or giving wax yet I helped her unpack and do her checklist.

Break came and then we finished her kit. Mrs J left and Mrs E subbed for the rest of the day. We'll have Mrs E again tomorrow too. Student C said I could do her arm hair so I went and fumbled about a bit and well the wax is not as easy to spread as the video makes it look. I wonder if maybe it was because it was closer to the bottom of the pot? I had no trouble with the actual strip and pulling. But that wax was not easy to spread. Then C and one of the new students each did the upper part of my eyeborws where I have a triangle shape I don't like. So they're both gone for a few weeks. Mrs Sherri asked if I was going to keep the beard trimmed and I said I should grow it again for another demo. Because every 4 weeks there's new students to watch it.

So that was today. It was also A's birthday today. Happy Birthday A :)

This was Mrs E's first chance to talk to me more than just a Hi so after she asked I got to tell her a bit about me. I'm enjoying how my story is happier now.

Tomorrow we do Skin analysis & care, and facial massage on manikins with Mrs E.


Thanks for reading. I really appreciate it
~ No Tangles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment